Saturday, July 22, 2017

Jumping Jude by Lucy Lennox (audiobook)

Title:  Jumping Jude
Author: Lucy Lennox
My Rating: A
Narrator: Michael Pauley

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Made Marian #3
Main Characters: Jude and Derek
Release Date: February 2017 (audiobook)
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Listening Length: 7 hours and 30 minutes
Jude: Reaching the top of the country music charts brings out the crazy, and there’s no one crazier than my ex. Unfortunately, his threats to out me are escalating. Enter the bodyguard of my dreams. 

I’d probably chafe under his constant presence if his attention to my body wasn’t so… ah… thorough. Now I have to worry about outing myself to millions of fans if I can’t keep my hands off him in public. 

Derek: Now I’m an ex-Marine turned babysitter. If I have to hear Jude sing his mega-hit Bluebells one more time, I might murder him myself, and after 6 years in special ops, I know my way around a weapon. Unfortunately, so does he. Except his arsenal includes washboard abs and a killer set of pipes. 

I’ve faced guns, knives, explosives and yet it’s Jude Marian who may end up bringing me to my knees. 

Fair warning: Jude and Derek's story contains frequent detailed scenes of man parts touching, little old ladies being inappropriate, and two lonely hearts coming together in perfect harmony. 


While it can also be read on its own, Jumping Jude is the third in the Made Marian series. Each book tells the story of one of the Marian brothers' search for true love. The first in the series, Borrowing Blue, is available now on Amazon. 
My Review:
Overall: 4.5
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.5

Ooh, this entire series has been great so far, but I think this has been my favorite book of the series so far. 

Both the guys in this story are in the closet. For Jude, he's a country music star...a career with a fan base that isn't exactly known for it's lgbtqa acceptance. On the other hand, Derek is his bodyguard and comes from a very alpha military family...also not known for its acceptance. And at the beginning of the book, neither guy is aware that the other is gay. I liked that...a lot. 

This story covers several months in time as these two develop in their relationship. There is a lot of stress, both from Jude's high pressure job, the crazy fans, and keeping their growing feelings secret from one another. 

These two guys are very different. I like that Jude is artistic and a small guy. He's an introvert who simply puts on a different persona to interact with fans. But he loves sitting around and cuddling with Derek. I loved those evenings at home when the two of them were together and just snuggling on the couch. Derek is a big ex-army guy, but he also really loves snuggling in with Jude. Seriously, these were my favorites scenes in this book. 

I enjoyed this audiobook. In fact, I'm enjoying the entire series. I want to just sit around and listen to the next two books that are available right now. I love the Marian clan...and this author's writing. 

No comments: