Thursday, October 12, 2017

Promo Post: Intertwined Hearts by Christi Snow

Intertwined Hearts

 RELEASED TODAY!

Story Description

Three people who’ve given up on love...

Hudson:
After a brutal, late-night attack in his restaurant left Chef Hudson Richmond too traumatized to even enter his restaurant again, he escaped to Snowcroft. Now he’s trying to find a new normal when the reality of his world is a man’s touch makes him sick and his dream has become his nightmare.

Leigh:
Leigh Vaughn lives in a man’s world running Vaughn Construction with her brother, Jamie. She’s tried to be feminine and failed over and over again. Growing up with only her brother, father, and construction crews to guide her, Leigh has no idea what a feminine wile is, much less how to deploy them. But when Jamie and Trevor begin to research finding a surrogate to carry their baby, she knows this is something she can do. Hell, it’s not like those parts are getting used for anything else.

David:
When this small town came looking for a new police chief, David Warner jumped at the chance. After a traumatic betrayal by his partner on the police force, he’s burnt out and jaded. And his love life has been even more depressing than his work life. He’s made one true connection in the last five years, but she disappeared without a trace the next morning.

Three people who have given up on love, may just find a new beginning where they least expect it...in Snowcroft. But love is only supposed to happen in twos. How can they make it work with three intertwined hearts?


Trigger warning: This book features story-lines that involve past assaults and betrayals, but has a guaranteed HEA for three people who couldn’t deserve it more. male/male/female.


Check out what reviewers are saying...

First, I gotta be honest here, menage is not my ‘go-to’ when I’m looking for a romance. I can’t tell you how much I loved these characters. Jamie and Trevor (Snowcroft Lost) had no idea what they were doing when they inadvertently brought these three together- Shirley from Goodreads

highly recommended please let there be more! -Dani from Goodreads

Oh, my heart! Leigh and Hudson and David worked so nicely for me. They all have baggage and they find one another when they need it most. -Kelly from Goodreads




The friends to lovers aspect that Leigh and Hudson bring into this romance was natural and just felt right. Gay for you happens to be one of my favorite troupes in the male male genre. This is a little different though. Hudson brings a het/bi for you to this sexy threesome. And then there is David. How can you not love a fun and flirty equal opportunity lover. Yes, very sext read to be devoured here! -Vanessa from Goodreads
******



Hudson’s expression took on a wistful twist. “What about you? What family celebrations are you missing tonight and tomorrow?”
David bit his cheek and eyed his roommates, wondering just how much he should tell them. But hell, might as well get it all out there. “Today and tomorrow, I’m not missing anything. My parents would have had their big celebration on the twenty-second for the Winter Solstice. They would have embraced the changing of the seasons with a naked, midnight dance out in the brutal winter cold. Believe me, my balls are okay with missing that one.”
Hudson had been taking a drink and broke out in a coughing fit.
Leigh’s eyes were wide. “Seriously? Okay, you have to give us more than that. Are your parents total hippies? I knew you were from Taos, but I didn’t think...” She waved a hand at him. “Go on. Tell us more.”
He grinned at them. “My parents, Emmett Warner and Sky Willow, are the original hippies. They’ve never been married, although they met when they were thirteen for my mom and sixteen for my dad. They’ve pretty much lived in sin since then. Growing up, I lived most my life in a converted school bus in the middle of a commune where peace and love were a way of life.”
Leigh’s mouth dropped open. “I have so many questions, but I don’t even know where to begin.”
“Then I’ll ask it,” Hudson interjected. “How do you, the upstanding, straight-laced cop we see here, go from that care-free upbringing to reinforcing rules and laws for every one else?”
David smiled good-naturedly. Nobody could say that Hudson wasn’t sharp. “You got it in one. Growing up that way—with very few rules and guidelines—meant that all I wanted in my life was structure, the kind of structure I find through being a cop.”
“Do you have brothers and sisters?” Leigh asked.
He nodded. “Three sisters, Meridian, Moonbeam, and Magnolia, although Moonbeam goes by Beth now.”
Leigh lifted her hands in a prayer pose. “Please tell me you’ve changed your name, too...from something like...” She thought for a moment, and then her eyes lit up. “I know. You’re totally a Maple.”
David grimaced. His mother would have loved that one, but no, she’d had a better name in mind. “No, I was actually supposed to be Miracle, but somehow Beth convinced them that she should name me, and she saved me from that horror. David is my real first name. Miracle is my middle name.” Heat rose up his chest and suffused his cheeks.
Just admitting that as a middle name was embarrassing. How awful would it have been to grow up with that as his real name? He shuddered at having dodged that bullet, thanks to his older sister. He really should call her more often.
Hudson was biting his lip so hard to keep from laughing that he ran the risk of drawing blood.
“Go ahead,” David told him. “Yuck it up. I understand. I’m just thankful to be David.”
“Oh my god. David, that’s hilarious, but besides the long hair, I seriously wouldn’t have ever guessed.”
David smiled. “Honestly, they were great parents, and it was a good childhood. Yeah, it’s not how I would choose to live my life because rules have their place in our world. But they gave me such a strong foundation and open mind. I’m very thankful for that. I was raised in a world where love was the norm, and that’s a good thing for a kid. Even if sometimes people don’t understand me now because of it.”
“What do you mean?” Hudson asked, a little frown dipping between his eyes.
David shrugged. Well, here it goes... “There’s a saying that ‘love is love.’ I grew up with that as a truth. I was taught never to see male or female. As a result, I’m attracted to a person. In today’s terms it’s called bisexuality, but for me, it’s so much more basic than that. I simply fall in love or lust with the person, not their exterior.”
“Wow, seriously?” Leigh whispered. “That’s so cool.”

Of course she would get it. That’s exactly why he’d been drawn to her in that grocery store. She had that pure soul that would accept anyone regardless.

****
There is another excerpt on my author blog...


*****

And Guess What?
You don't have long to wait for book #4...

That's right. Law's book is coming next month. In fact, Intertwined Hearts and Snowcroft Restoration are closely related. Their timelines and story lines cross over one another a little bit. In fact, you get a really good idea of what is going to be happening with Law and his hero, Ian, with the scenes in Intertwined Hearts. They each have several scenes in IH and it leads directly into their story. 
COMING NOVEMBER 15th

Snowcroft Restoration Story Description

Two years ago, Law Wyman went undercover for an FBI investigation that went sideways. It cost him both the love of his life and his sanity. The nightmare still haunts him, and so does some unfinished business...Ian Mayne, the son of the man who ruined his life.

Two years ago, Ian had to face the truth about how his father spent a lifetime torturing and trafficking LGBTQ teens. Ever since, Ian has done everything he can to make up for his dead father’s many sins through his law enforcement job. Too many paid in horrific, horrible ways at his father’s hands while Ian kept the truth about his own sexuality hidden.

Law is doing all he can to save Ian, but Ian doesn’t necessarily want to be saved.

Two men...both horrifically haunted by what happened. Is it possible they can find healing together? Only if they have the courage to face their demons and each other...

Trigger Warning: This is a hot story about two men who have both survived past abuse.
Amazon preorder
All other retailers preorder

No comments: