Friday, September 1, 2017

Elliott Redeemed by Scarlett Cole

Title: Elliott Redeemed 
Author: Scarlett Cole
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Preload #2
Main Characters: Elliott and Kendalle
Release Date: August 2017
Publisher: Swerve
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
A single mom and tortured musician find common ground in Scarlett Cole's Elliott Redeemed, the second standalone romance about the band Preload. 

Elliot "Pyro" Dawson burns up the lead guitar like a legend. But the nickname Pyro isn't just a clever play on words. It's much darker. A past he's fought like hell to overcome.

Grocery store cashier Kendalee Walker is at her wits end and homeless. She's watched her fourteen-year-old son, Daniel, go so far off the rails, he can no longer see the tracks.

When the two are brought together, attraction flares, but can Elliott find the family he never had with the sexy woman and her son, or will he fall back on dark habits?

My Review:
Okay, I officially am in love with this series. I loved the Second Circle Tattoo books, so was excited to find out the guys from Preload all get their own stories, too. This is the second in the series so far...and I'm SOLD...completely and totally. This series is now officially on my auto-buy list. 

This book was so good. Elliott is messed up...as are ALL the guys who make up the rock band Preload. These guys found one another when they were in foster care at Ellen's house. They saved one another. But Elliott isn't as fixed as he should be. He still struggles with his pyromania everyday. So, when he meets Daniel at the children's hospital, he recognizes a like soul. 

Daniel is a 14 yo troubled kid who managed to burn himself when he was burning down his house after being sexually abused for years. He's a huge Preload fan and  having a ton of issues working through the realities of his life now. His mother Kendalee is homeless and doing all she can to stay afloat and take care of her very injured...both physically and mentally...son.

Elliott is drawn to both of them even though he realizes how danger his involvement is with his own control issues. Daniel's issues trigger Elliott's...not a good mix. But Elliott can't stand by when he knows he could help this family. So he jumps in and finds so much more than he ever expected. 

*Happy sigh*...I loved this book so much. I loved how much work Elliott puts into him and Kendalee and Daniel. He's just an incredible guy who had an absolutely rotten childhood. The climax of the book went someplace that I didn't expect it to, but I love that the author took it there. That's what the story needed, even though it was difficult for the story. 

The book was just fabulous. The romance was through the roof. And the sexy times were amazingly hot. I loved this book so, so much. I cannot wait for more Preload...bring on Nik...I do love a second chance at love story!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but I also bought it in print to have for my keeper shelf.

No comments: