Wednesday, July 19, 2017

For Forester by J. Nathan

Title: For Forester
Author: J. Nathan
My Rating: A-

Genre: New Adult Romance
Series: For You #2
Main Characters: Trace and Marin
Release Date: July 2017
Publisher: 
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A Standalone New Adult Sports Romance in the For You series. Each book follows a new couple.

Trace
I'm Alabama's star wide receiver. I've got mad skills on and off the field, and it's no secret I'm heading into the draft after the upcoming season. But I'm home for the summer to make some cash before my senior year. Being back under my parents' roof isn't the ideal situation, but the moment I see Marin, the star of my adolescent fantasies, I know it's about to get interesting. She may not have noticed me back then, but I've got a feeling it's just a matter of time before she lets me turn those fantasies into reality.

Marin
The last time I saw Trace Forester he was just a kid tearing up the neighborhood on his skateboard. That was when I was foolish enough to think I had the perfect husband and the perfect life. But now my life is in shambles and Trace is back, all grown up, hot as hell, and exuding major confidence. It would be so easy to fall for his good looks and undeniable charm. So easy to let him into my life. Too bad I learned the hard way that nothing worth having ever comes easy.

My Review:
Overall, this was a really good book. Normally, I'm a big fan of cougar stories, but...eeps...nineteen just felt wrong. I would have rathered that Trace was 21 and Marin was 31. That wouldn't have felt so...wrong...so completely taboo. Seriously...19 is soooo young. BUT that was really my only issue with this story. Other than that it was really good. 

The one thing that made up for Trace's young age is just his pure bravado and self-confidence. His ego knew no bounds and he's unapologetic about that. His one-line come-ons kept me laughing and smiling throughout the entire book. 

Marin, on the other hand, has been deal such a crappy hand in life. She made one mistake...granted it was a big one in that she married a total jerk, but...and this is where things get sticky. She made that completely wrong choice because she made it so young...and...um, she was two years older than Trace was in this book when she met her husband. So, you can kind of see my dilemma here. But beyond that, she's in the middle of a divorce from her narcissistic husband. Needless to say he doesn't take her dating a hot, young jock very well at all. 

The story is good. I loved the relationship that built between CJ, Marin's 5 yo son, and Trace. And of course, the addition of hot Alabama football is never a bad thing.

And I loved who Marin became around Trace. He flat out was good for her. He challenged her norms and made her see herself as worthy. I loved that. He truly cares for her and that comes through in all her actions. She's brave and self-confident around him. 

I did love every minute of reading this book. It was highly entertaining and the story riveting. It's an easy read. This author has a great writing style that I really love. Overall, I definitely recommend this one...and the first in the series, too...For Finlay.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: