Saturday, June 24, 2017

The Silent Waters by Brittainy C. Cherry (audiobook)


Title:  The Silent Waters
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
My Rating: A+
Narrator: Joe Arden, Erin Mallon

Genre: New Adult Romance
Series: Elements #3
Main Characters: Brooks and Maggie
Release Date: December 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: Audible
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Moments.

Our lives are a collection of moments. Some utterly painful and full of yesterday's hurts. Some beautifully hopeful and full of tomorrow's promises.

I’ve had many moments in my lifetime, moments that changed me, challenged me. Moments that scared me and engulfed me. However, the biggest ones—the most heartbreaking and breathtaking ones—all included him.

I was ten years old when I lost my voice. A piece of me was stolen away, and the only person who could truly hear my silence was Brooks Griffin. He was the light during my dark days, the promise of tomorrow, until tragedy found him. Tragedy that eventually drowned him in a sea of memories.

This is the story of a boy and girl who loved each other, but didn’t love themselves. A story of life and death. Of love and broken promises.

Of moments.
My Review:
Overall: 4.75
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.75


Wow! This was my first time reading Brittainy C. Cherry so I didn't know what to expect. I was blown away by this book..and immediately got online to see which of her books I need to read next. This book was so good...almost perfection in every single way...almost. I had one tiny niggle about the story that I'll talk about in a moment.

Brooks and Maggie's story was gorgeous...at the same time that it broke my heart. I love how long and deep their friendship and ties are. It hurts that they lost so much time together though. Everything about this story was amazing, and gorgeous, and romantic, and sweet, and heartbreaking. I loved this story.

NOTE...That niggle...there is a serious flaw in this entire plot. Such a big deal is made of Maggie's ritual every night to make sure she remembers the victim of the murder. With that, I find it impossible to believe that she never tells anyone about that night and what she saw. Yes, she was young and traumatized so I can understand at first, but this book covers years when she would have let the police know what happened and what she knew. I just can't believe anything else...no matter her inability to talk. She could still write and communicate. And most importantly...she remembered every detail. 

For the sake of the book and because I loved it so much, I've just purely chosen to ignore all that ^^^ and suspended disbelief, but it's still a thing.

But without a doubt, I adored this book. It was fantastic! I highly, highly, highly recommend it. 

No comments: