Saturday, June 3, 2017

Pucked Over by Helena Fielding (audiobook)

Title:  Pucked Over
Author: Helena Fielding
My Rating: B
Narrator: Rose Dioro and Jacob Morgan

Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: Pucked #3
Main Characters: Lilly and Randy
Release Date: May 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: Audible Studios
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Lily LeBlanc isn’t versed in the art of casual sex, but after seven years in an on-again, off-again relationship, she’s definitely willing to give it a shot. And who better to try it with than her best friend’s boyfriend’s best friend? What could possibly go wrong? Nothing at all.

NHL player, Randy Ballistic, lives up to his last name on the ice and in the bedroom. His best friend and teammate has recently given up the puck bunnies and traded them in for a real girlfriend. And she just happens to have a seriously feisty, extra-hot best friend on the rebound. Randy’s more than happy to be Lily’s spring board back into the dating scene.

Casual sex is only casual until those pesky things called emotions get involved. Once that happens, someone’s bound to gets pucked over.
 
My Quickie Review:
Overall: 3.75
Performance: 4.0
Story: 3.5

I think I've reached the end of this series for my interest. Overall, I enjoyed this audio of the story, but there wasn't anything amazing about the story. At one point, I even thought the dialogue between the women hit such shallow, silly lengths that they could have easily been a group of puck bunnies that they are so often making fun of. I almost stopped listening to this one at that point, but I plugged on. 

This story was about Randy...one of the NHL players who has been a player in every sense of the word. The heroine was Lilly who is best known for how awful she treated the hero in the last book. They have a long distance relationship for 90% of this book...only getting together for sex every few weeks based upon the movement of the team. It's supposed to be no-strings fun. The kind Lilly needs after breaking up with her long-time boyfriend. Randy is her rebound and they are both really good with that. 

It was entertaining enough...just nothing astonishingly good or engaging. It passed the time, but not much more. As a result, I think I'll probably pass on listening to the rest of this series. I'm done with it.

No comments: