Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Hidden Hearts by Olivia Dade

Title: Hidden Hearts
Author: Olivia Dade
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Lovestruck Librarians #6
Main Characters: Mary and Miles
Release Date: June 2017
Publisher: Lyrical Shine
Links to Purchase


Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
AN ADMIRER WITH A SECRET . . .

Mary Higgs could be the poster girl for the buttoned-up librarian. She follows the rules. Stays ʼtil closing. Her kindness and dedication to her patrons are legendary. But those patrons have no idea what she's typing to the mysterious shut-in who emailed the library three months ago . . .

A year ago, Miles O'Connor was a gleaming, ab-sational star of the small screen. Then came the accident. Now he's a wounded recluse with a pizza habit and fears so unshakable that only the thought of losing Mary to an online date could lure him out of his cabin.

Soon their email rapport has turned into weekends on the couch, watching tearjerkers and driving each other insane with red-hot makeout sessions. But as their desire grows and their horizons expand, the life that brought them together might not be enough for either of them . . .

My Review:
I've loved this series so much, but I'm pretty positive this has been my favorite book of the bunch. And now I'm sitting here wondering how much I can explain that love without giving away spoilers, because I think that description is perfect. It gives you just enough so that you can read along in the dark with the characters...wondering EXACTLY how Miles got to this place. 

Because Miles is a recluse...he doesn't leave his house. He doesn't bathe. He doesn't shave. From what the reader can tell at the beginning, he simply eats a lot of pizza. But he's young...only 33. What happened to him?

Mary wonders the same thing. She's this small town librarian and ends up exchanging emails with him...daily...many times a day. She knows he's young, but has no idea why he's housebound, but she enjoys their exchanges and is more than a little intrigued. 

As a long time romance reader...and fan of washboard abs...Miles's story broke my heart and totally captured my imagination. I wanted to gather him up in my arms and take care of him. Luckily, as the reader, I got to do that through Mary...and it was so good. 

On the surface, Miles is the one with mental hangups, but as the story evolves, we come to find out that Mary has some significant ones of her own. I had no idea how the author was going to sort this all out for both of them. But she did and it was so good. I loved this book! 

And just let me say that although I loved and adored Miles and Mary, the pizza guy was hands-down my favorite character in the book. OMG, he had me rolling. I loved him so much. I even read some of his scenes out loud to my husband because they were so freaking fun and funny.

This book was amazing. If you like librarians...and the delicious images of sweaty abs...I highly recommend you check it out. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: