Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Trying It All by Christi Barth

Title: Trying It All
Author: Christi Barth
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Naked Men #4
Main Characters: Riley and Summer
Release Date: May 2017
Publisher:  Loveswept
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Order. Attention to detail. Never leaving anything to chance. These are the qualities that make Riley Ness such a terrific federal agent . . . and a pain in the ass to everyone else. The only time Riley lets loose is when he’s hanging out with his closest pals. So when he’s thrown together with gorgeous, flighty Summer Sheridan, Riley’s brain tells him she’s a ticking time bomb—but his body doesn’t want to play by the rules.

Riley has to be the most irritating man Summer has ever met. The brooding hunk thinks he needs to teach her a few lessons about real life, while she’d rather show him how to enjoy it. But her BFF’s all but engaged to Riley’s best friend, and besides, their intense physical chemistry is all too real. Summer just needs Riley to try to meet her halfway and take a chance with the one thing that matters: his heart

My Review:
Every book in this series, I think it's the best so far and then the next one comes around and it's even better. Dang, I love this series and this book was so, so good. 

This book is about Riley, who was heavily affected by the accident in high school, so much so that he chose to centralize his life about keeping people safe through his work for the NTSB. Riley is all about rules, and control, and minimizing risk in every way possible. 

Summer had her own brush with death when she was the victim of a mass shooting in college. She was shot 3 times and literally died for a minute and eleven seconds. But she's gone to the opposite extreme as Riley in her reaction. She lives every moment as it comes. She doesn't plan. She doesn't expect a future. She knows first-hand that life can change in a split second and that no matter what, you can't control that. There was nothing she could have done that day to change her fate. 

As the book begins, Riley and Summer are on opposite sides of everything. They don't understand one another at all, and as a result, are constantly sniping at one another. But underneath all that conflict is a tension of another sort...sexual tension. 

I loved this book. There is so much depth and emotional back story to both of them. But they are amazing together, too. The connection between them leaps off the page. Seriously, they were so sexy and sensational together. I really loved reading their story. Neither of them wants anything serious, so when things start to deepen, it made the romance so much more. 

I was on a long weekend when I read the book and I so didn't want to put it down and be social with the family. The story was completely engrossing and entertaining. The events at the end had my heart stopping and stuttering. I loved every bit of this story. 

I'm not so sure the author can top this one with Josh's book, but she's proven me wrong before. I am definitely looking forward to his book...but, but, but...I'm so not ready for this series to end. I've LOVED the Naked Men. *happy sigh*

I definitely recommend this one. You can absolutely read any of these books as a stand alone, but I pretty much guarantee once you read one, you'll want to read them all.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: