Saturday, May 20, 2017

Pucked by Helena Fielding (audiobook)

Title:  Pucked
Author: Helena Hunting
My Rating: A
Narrator: Nathan Everett and Muffy Newton

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Pucked #1
Main Characters: Violet and Alex
Release Date: February 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: Audible Studios
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Narrated by: Nathan Everett, Muffy Newtown
Length: 10 hrs and 48 mins
Unabridged Audiobook


The first standalone novel in The Pucked Series

With a famous NHL player for a stepbrother, Violet Hall is well acquainted with the playboy reputation of many a hockey star. So of course she isn't interested in legendary team captain Alex Waters or his pretty, beat-up face and rock-hard six-pack abs. But when Alex inadvertently obliterates Violet's misapprehension regarding the inferior intellect of hockey players, he becomes much more than just a hot body with the face to match. Suffering from a complete lapse in judgment, Violet discovers just how good Alex is with the hockey stick in his pants.

Violet believes her night of orgasmic magic with Alex is just that: one night. But Alex starts to call. And text. And email and send extravagant - and quirky - gifts. Suddenly he's too difficult to ignore and nearly impossible not to like. The problem is, the media portrays Alex as a total player, and Violet doesn't want to be part of the game.

My Review:
Overall: 4.5
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.25

This was my first foray into the Pucked world and I liked it, even if Violet's character is sometimes a little hard to take because she's outspoken, irreverent, and so many times really inappropriate. But at her heart, she's not a bad person. She just loses control of her tongue sometimes. It's really very funny. 

Violet has absolutely NO intention of getting involved with a hockey player. Been there, done that, has the scars on her heart leftover from it. But then Alex comes into her life. He's charming, funny, and actually smart. He's so much more than she ever expected and she finds herself incredibly charmed and nowhere close to turned off. 

This book was so fun and sexy. I loved Alex. Despite his reputation, he's just simply a good guy and deserves to find some happiness...and Violet definitely makes him happy. 

I also really enjoyed the story as an audiobook. I'm so excited that I'm discovering the series now...when I can sit back and devour all the audiobooks back to back. I've already downloaded the second book onto my iPod and can't wait to get started on it. 

A short review, but this book has been very widely read, so I'm sure I can't add anything new to what others have read. Just know I did enjoy it...especially the audiobook version of it. Note: I really loved the male narrator's Canadian accent. 


No comments: