Saturday, April 8, 2017

Wild Things by Chloe Neill (audiobook)

Title:  Wild Things 
Author: Chloe Neill
My Rating: A-
Narrator: Sophie Eastlake

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #9
Main Characters: Merit and Ethan
Release Date: February 2014 (audiobook)
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Since Merit was turned into a vampire and the protector of Chicago's Cadogan House, it's been a wild ride. She and Master vampire Ethan Sullivan have helped make Cadogan's vampires the strongest in North America, and forged ties with paranormal folk of all breeds and creeds, living or dead . . . or both.

But now those alliances are about to be tested. A strange and twisted magic has ripped through the North American Central Pack, and Merit's closest friends are caught in the crosshairs. Gabriel Keene, the Pack Apex, looks to Merit and Ethan for help. But who—or what—could possibly be powerful enough to out-magic a shifter?

Merit is about to go toe to toe, and cold steel to cold heart, to find out.
 


My Review:
Overall: 4.25
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.25

Hmm, I really enjoyed the suspense line in this one. The carnival was an interesting twist that I completely loved, but then the things that happened at the end...OMG. Who saw that coming? Loved that twist so much. 

I also really loved catching up with the shifter world in this book. I know they've had more of a focus in some of the novellas. Someday I need to find time to catch up on all the little side stories that go with this series...because all the characters are so rich and full of possibilities.

But that's not to detract from Merit and Ethan...wow, they are seriously becoming one of my favorite all-time power couples. Every book they get better and better. I love them so much. Thank you to Chloe Neill for continuing to write their stories better and better and not letting them get stuck in a rut of stupidness. LOVE THEM. And it goes without saying that Sophie Eastlake's narration is amazing. She IS the Chicagoland Vampires. I can't imagine this series without her narrating it. Every once in a while I pick up my print copies of these books and I still hear her voice in my head reading it with the various voices. LOVE!


No comments: