Friday, April 7, 2017

Twisted Luck by Mia Downing

Title: Twisted Luck
Author: Mia Downing
My Rating: A

Genre: Paranormal Romance 
Series: -
Main Characters: Leo and Olivia
Release Date: April 2017
Publisher:  -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
When I told him to go to hell, I never realized it would be a trip for two.

All I wanted was luck—the good kind. I’d lost my job, a jerk hacked my bank account, and I caught my best friend screwing my fiancé. When stood up by my Internet date in a bar, I met the perfect man—tall, dark, and handsome in the most expensive suit. He was out of my league, but I didn’t want forever.

I barely remember the words he whispered under the veil of sin and seduction. I didn’t believe in Satan, God, Heaven or Hell. I thought he was kidding. A figment. A dream.

I was wrong. With one, breathless yes, my fate was sealed.

Businessman by day, demon by night, Leo Weston now owns my soul in exchange for good luck. Time is ticking as he works to secure my mother’s soul, too. Somehow, I have to take him down despite him being so damned gorgeous, glib, and devious. Will my gift of twisted luck be enough to save her and protect my heart?
 

My Review:
Wow. This book was pure craziness. Twisted Luck is right...and thank goodness Olivia wished for things the way she did. 

Up until this point, Olivia has had rotten, awful luck. She finally hits rock bottom and goes out drinking...and that's when Leo walked into her life and screwed her over more. Seriously not cool. But I liked how she never gives up fighting. More than luck, she has hope and that's huge because she needs that so that she might be able to save both herself and her mother. 

And then there's Leo. Wow, the visuals of him on the page were mouth-watering. Sigh...seriously, how can you not be drawn to a confident, sexy guy in a well-cut suit. But that pretty exterior hides a lot. I'll admit, despite his pretty appearance, I wasn't sure he was ever going to work for me. But then his magic started going wonky and I slowly started falling for him. I LOVED it when he started showing cracks of vulnerability. OMG, I definitely fell in love with him...eventually. 

I'm not going to post any spoilers, but I have to mention those last few scenes in the book. OMG, so much love for how that all played out. Seriously, forget twisted luck...it was twisting and tearing at my heart. So much heartache that made the end of the book so, so good. I loved the way it all played out. 

I'll admit, I'm a Mia Downing fan...and it's been entirely too long since she's released. This one made the wait worth it all. I loved it so much. There were twists and turns and dark and light and so much possibility even in the face of horrible odds. I had no idea how she would write herself out of this book. But she did it and did it brilliantly. 

I definitely recommend this one. Just be ready. It's a crazy, demon filled ride and I pretty much promise that you'll never see that end coming. I loved it!

No comments: