Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Sin with Me by J.T. Geissinger

Title: Sin with Me
Author: J.T. Geissinger
My Rating: B+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Bad Habit #3
Main Characters: Brody and Grace
Release Date: April 2017
Publisher:  Montlake
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
The past she can’t remember. The secret he hides. And a love that’s worth risking it all.

After a devastating car crash stole both her family and her memory, Grace Stanton was left with no past and an uncertain future. Now Grace likes to keep things simple. No sleepovers, never date a guy more than a month, and never, ever fall in love. Which is exactly why Grace avoids Bad Habit’s lead guitarist, Brody Scott, at all costs. The green-eyed, sexy-as-hell musician has “trouble” tattooed all over him, and Grace isn’t taking any chances with her heart.

Brody knows he doesn’t deserve an amazing woman like Grace—her creamy skin, red hair, or that smart mouth that fuels his every fantasy—but there’s something between them that’s more than chemistry. Something real. He’ll just have to convince Grace that he’s worth the risk—and hide the secret that haunts his worst dreams. But when fate plays a cruel hand, Brody’s darkest sin suddenly threatens his last chance at redemption…and the life of the woman he loves.

My Review:
This book had ups and downs for me...the end was fabulous, the beginning was sexy, hot, and the middle fell a tiny bit flat for me (it may have had just a tiny bit too much sex for me in the middle without enough meat...for me anyway). My favorite parts...besides that heart stopping ending...were the scenes with Marcus and Barney...and neither were the hero of the book...but I felt so badly for them because they were great hero material and were so into Grace. I truly loved both of them and their depths with seeing when Grace was putting up her walls. 

I loved Brody, too...don't get me wrong. I love how he sees this relationship as it really is and immediately recognizes how deep his emotions are. He comes across as this cocky, ego-driven rock star, but he's so much more and hiding depths. There was a tiny detail that was at the very end about his talent with music (in a memory where it was recognized what talent he had when trying out for UCLA)...I really wish more of that had come through the story. I like those little details, and despite this being a rock star romance, the music didn't play into the story at all and I missed that.

Grace is a little harder to love. She has big, huge walls blocking off her heart...with good reason. I can't imagine living through what she did and losing all that she did. I thought her choice in careers was very fitting...but her actions didn't necessarily fit that a lot of the time. It's hard to see her as a materialistic, one night stand kind of girl on one hand, and then a serious therapist on the other. Those two sides just didn't seem to fit.

So, a bit of a mixed review, but I'll say...the end of this book was so fabulous...it made up for a few mixed feelings earlier in the story. I may not have loved this one quite as much as I've loved the other two books in the series, but in the end I was so glad that I read it. It made for a great escape...and it was a really sexy, hot read, too. There is no doubt that Grace and Brody have sizzling chemistry...that first really in depth sexy scene...wow...loved it so much. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: