Saturday, April 29, 2017

Midnight Marked by Chloe Neill (audiobook)

Title:  Midnight Marked
Author: Chloe Neill
My Rating: B+
Narrator: Sophie Eastlake

Genre: Urban Fantasy 
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #12
Main Characters: Merit and Ethan
Release Date: March 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
As the Chicagoland Vampires series continues, Merit and Ethan find themselves in a deadly game of cat-and-mouse, where winning may require the ultimate sacrifice...

A vampire’s grudges don’t stay dead long...

Merit is one of Chicago's most skilled vampire warriors; these days, she doesn't scare easily. But she and Master vampire Ethan have made a new and powerful enemy, and he won't give up until he owns the Windy City.

With his last plan thwarted, he's more determined than ever to watch Cadogan burn. Ethan has put the House's vampires on high alert, but their enemy will stop at nothing, including pitting vampire against vampire...

In this deadly game of cat-and-mouse, the stakes are life or death—and winning might mean sacrificing everything...
My Quickie Review:
Overall: 4.0
Performance: 4.5
Story: 3.75


I listen to this series on audiobook and sometimes that makes it difficult to distinguish just how a book would normally read because the narrator enhances the story a lot. BUT with that being said, this book seemed to move a lot slower than the last few installments have. I think I would have had a harder time finishing it if I'd been reading it rather than listening to it. 

But I do love where this story went in the end. I can't wait for the final book in the series. While I'm sad to see this fantastic series ending, I'm dying to see exactly how the author ties it all up. 

I adore this series and Sophie Eastlake has done a fantastic job with narration.

No comments: