Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Home Fires by Kate Sherwood

Title: Home Fires
Author: Kate Sherwood
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense (m/m)
Series: Common Law #4
Main Characters: Jericho and Wade
Release Date: April 2017
Publisher:  Riptide Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Trouble comes to Mosely, Montana, from the outside world. When the residents of Mosely are left on their own, they can make things work. Sure, there’s always been a militia operating up in the hills, but they were small-scale—just survivalists doing their thing—until organizers came in from out of state. Now Jericho Crewe and the rest of the sheriff’s department are facing down a heavily armed band of fanatics, and the feds are busy elsewhere.

The odds are hopeless, but Jericho swore an oath to serve and protect the citizens of Mosely. He won’t walk away from that, even if Wade Granger’s begging him to run away somewhere and finally be together the way they always should have been.

But this time, it’s Jericho who refuses to leave Mosely, even if staying kills him.
My Review:
Hands down, this was my favorite of the series. OMG, this book was so good. The whole series has been good, but this one surpassed all the others. There was a TON of action and emotion...and yeah, there were even moments when I was laughing out loud in the middle of all the drama. I love where these two guys have gotten in their relationship. There's an ease to them that wasn't in the last three novels that showed up in this one. So, so good. Seriously, this story blew me away.

In this book there's a new threat that comes into this small little town via the local militia. Everything about how this drama unfolded had me standing up and cheering. All the characters that have shown up throughout the series, showed up in this one and in the very best way. I loved how it all came together.

But the best thing about this book is where Wade and Jericho are together. Finally, they are truly together and being honest about that. They aren't hiding anything. There's a familiarity and a new level of happiness between them that made this book so good to read. I loved it so much. It just made me happy for having read it. 

And, and, and...there's not much more I can say about this book without giving away spoilers. This is a series of four books that builds on the story in each book. It's a very slow build and burn, but I loved this series so, so much. (Note: this series is VERY mild sexually...this final book has a bit more heat than the other three have, but it's still very mild...more fade to black kind of scenes.) But despite that I loved this series so much. Wade and Jericho are an unlikely couple. They shouldn't be able to make it work, but shades of gray...seriously. Kate Sherwood wrote an amazing series of books and I highly recommend the entire series. You do not want to miss out. 

Now...can we talk about that epilogue? Please let us have a spinoff series. I'm not ready to give up Wade and Jericho yet, and I'd love to follow that thread further. It would be so, so good... *please*
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: