Saturday, April 15, 2017

Blood Games by Chloe Neill (audiobook)


Title:  Blood Games 
Author: Chloe Neill
My Rating: A
Narrator: Sophie Eastlake

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #10
Main Characters: Merit and Ethan
Release Date: August 2014 (audiobook)
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
While Merit didn't choose to become a vampire or Sentinel of Cadogan House, she vowed to fight for her House and its Master, and she's managed to forge strong alliances with powerful supernaturals across Chicago. But even though Merit has had wild adventures, this may be her deadliest yet. A killer is stalking Chicago, preying on humans and leaving his victims with magical souvenirs. The CPD hasn't been able to track the assailant, and as the body count rises, the city is running out of options. Vampires and humans aren't on great terms, but murder makes for strange bedfellows. Can Merit find the killer before she becomes a target? 
My Review:
Overall: 4.5
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.5

I'll admit I'm running out of things to say about this series...mainly because I'm listening to the audiobooks right now back to back, but I love how the author has mastered Ethan and Merit's relationship in this series. Each book their bond becomes deeper, more. Each book I love the characters more and how they're evolving gets even better. 

With most series, I begin to get tired of the repetition, but that hasn't been an issue with these. No, with this series, I just want to devour them faster and faster because the stories are getting incredibly faster. Wow...who would have thought it?

But this book also brought about some unexpected changes...I can't wait to see where Chloe Neill takes the series next. On to the next audiobook... (I'm going to be seriously crushed when I run out of the backlist of these books).

No comments: