Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Souljacker by Yasmine Galenorn

Title: Souljacker
Author: Yasmine Galenorn
My Rating: A-

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Lily Bound #1
Main Characters: Lily
Release Date: March 2017
Publisher:  Diversion Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Lily O'Connell, a succubus, has put her unique talents to work. She owns Lily Bound, an elite sex salon in the Blood Night District of Seattle. When a client turns up dead in her club, and she hears the news that the Souljacker--an old tattoo-artist friend-turned-vampire, who was institutionalized years before--has escaped to reclaim his "artwork," Lily knows she's next on his list. With one of his tattoos on her thigh and nowhere else to turn, Lily hires Archer Desmond, a chaos demon and PI, to track the vampire down before he tracks her. But she didn't expect to fall for Archer-and they say a succubus who falls in love will destroy the heart of the one she seeks to claim...
My Review:
What a fantastic start to this new series. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a new urban fantasy series...this book was awesome with a really creative and interesting setup. 

This is a complex world and Lily is at the heart of it. She's a succubus and in this world that falls under the fae...so she's part of Wynter's court. At the beginning of the book, she's a high paid prostitute. That allows her to feed her needs and offer a service, too. Tygur was a were shifter who was married, but he was killed by a vampire while at Lily's house. That's something that never should have happened because in this world, everyone wards against vampires using witch's wards. And the story unfolds from there. I don't want to discuss the specifics of the story line any more than that because I don't want to give any spoilers. 

There's a huge cast of really diverse characters and I loved them all. 
*Nick is a human/IT guy who lives next door to Lily
*Her other bff is Dani...a witch who used to be married to Greg, who was a politician...I have a feeling Greg will play more and more into the series.
*Archer is a chaos demon who's also a very rich PI
*Wynter is fae royalty...I loved the way she played into Lily's story
*The Souljacker is a former friend who tattooed the whole group of friends, but is now a crazed vampire who wants his art (their tattoos) back.

I really adored everything about this story. I read it during a super-busy time in my life and kept having to walk away from it. I hated that, but I finally got to sit down and finish it. Now I'm ready for the next one. I can't wait to see where this series goes from here.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: