Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Her True Match by Paige Tyler

Title: Her True Match
Author: Paige Tyler
My Rating: B+

Genre: Paranormal Suspense
Series: X-Ops #6
Main Characters: Dreya and Brandon
Release Date: March 2017
Publisher:  Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy



Story Overview:
After a long game of cat-and-mouse

Feline shifter Dreya Clark picks the wrong penthouse to rob and ends up arrested by sexy detective Braden Hayes. But Braden isn’t the only one who’s been watching the cat burglar. Agents from the Department of Covert Operations swoop in to offer her a deal. If she wants to stay out of jail, she’ll have to work with them—and pair up with the hot cop. Great.

Danger throws this unlikely pair together

Braden isn’t thrilled about the DCO meddling in his investigation. He’s been chasing Dreya for years. Thrown together on a dangerous covert mission, fur flies and temperatures flare. But when danger closes in on them, their game of cat and mouse turns deadly-serious, and they’ll have to rely on each other to make it out alive.
 

My Review:
Oh wow...that ending on this book?!?! Where does this series go from here? Wow! I'm completely blown away and need the next book NOW!! I never could have predicted that.

But it wasn't just the end of this book that made it so good. No, pretty much all of this book was great. I adore the pairing in it. Braden is a cop. The story starts with his backstory and I thought for sure he was going to be the shifter, but nope...that's not his story. He's a regular burglary detective and for years he's been following Dreya without having any luck capturing her. But when he does, she's stolen away from him by FBI agents...something that rubs him wrong...so he follows them. Partly because he doesn't understand their story, but mostly because after all these years following Dreya, he's gotten rather protective of her. 

Well, the FBI agents were actually DCO agents recruiting Dreya, who's a feline shifter and that's why she's such a good cat burglar. But when they see Braden, a cop, who's automatically that in tune with her, they see an opportunity to recruit him, too. I liked Braden and Dreya as a pairing. I love that they seem to have an automatic connection and Dreya's instincts are already heavily honed. 

In the midst of their story is another happening at an institution in Maine. It features Trevor, a coyote shifter, in the institution undercover and two teens that get caught up in the whole shifter mess up there. Color me intrigued....I'm DYING for more of all of their stories. I loved everything that was happening up there and all three of those characters. 

This continues to be a series that I thoroughly enjoy. It's fun and entertaining and suspenseful, and it seems like every book has a new twist. Like I said, I'm ready for the next book today. I'm dying to see how the DCO folks work from here...but no spoilers, so I'll button my lips now.
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: