Sunday, March 19, 2017

Floodgates by Mary Calmes (audiobook)

Title:  Floodgates
Author: Mary Calmes
My Rating: B+
Narrator: Michael Anthony

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Tracy and Cord
Release Date: November 2014 (audiobook)
Publisher: Dreamspinners
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
Length: 7 hrs and 53 mins 

Tracy Brandt considers himself a lucky man. He has a wonderful family, good friends, and a dependable job. His love life, however, features a cheating ex who, though out of the house, is not yet out of the picture - with a past that just might get Tracy killed.

Homicide inspector Cord Nolan wants nothing more than to show his best friend's little brother that he's a reliable man, but to do that he'll have to get Tracy to look past the player he used to be. It'll be a tough sell; reputation is everything, and Cord's is tarnished by his past indiscretions.

Tracy and Cord have spent five years trying to suffocate their fiery attraction under a blanket of grudging antagonism. When Tracy finds himself with a target on his back, Cord finally has the chance to ride to the rescue and break through the dam of Tracy's reserve. But he'd better be careful: if Cord is breaking the floodgates to wash away the past, he's going to have to hold tight to Tracy to make sure they're still standing when the tumult recedes.

My Quickie Review:
Overall: 4.0
Performance: 4.25
Story: 3.75

Aww, I loved this book. There were a lot of things about this story that I loved...Cord was an awesome hero. I loved how the author showed his want through subtle things. I loved that show of vulnerability about him. 

Then there was Tracy's family...I loved them all so much. When he moves back home for his safety? Some of the best scenes in this book. 

Full disclosure...while I know that I thoroughly enjoyed this audiobook...I listened to it all within a matter of two days, I put off writing the review for a few days. And now I'm having a difficult time remembering details. The story didn't stick with me. So, yes it was enjoyable at the time, but it wasn't one of those stories that stuck with me because it touched me deeply. It was fun, entertaining, and in a few months, I'll be able to listen to it again and it will be like a brand new audiobook. 

No comments: