Monday, January 16, 2017

Worth the Wait by A.J. Pine

Title: Worth the Wait
Author: A.J. Pine
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Kingston Ale House #4
Main Characters: Jeremy and Grace
Release Date: January 2017
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
I like to think of myself as a man of pleasure…

I enjoy a good pint of ale, being in the arms of a beautiful woman, and living by my own rules. The only thing I try to avoid? Commitment. And I’ve got a three-year success rate to prove it.

I wasn’t planning on Grace—the beautiful, funny, totally off-limits massage therapist who keeps popping up in my life. She’s on a six-month mission to rid her life of toxins. No alcohol. No red meat. And, yeah, no men. I’m talking full-on man cleanse.

I know I should walk away, but I can’t…and the only way to keep her in my life is to live by her rules. I’ll need to prove to a woman who’s lost all trust in men that I’m worthy of her love. And do it all without so much as a single kiss.

The only problem? If I win, I’ll lose the one thing I swore I’d never give up. My heart.

My Review:
This was a fabulously fun story. Grace is a massage therapist. She's described in various places throughout the book as being a hippy chick and I can see that. Right now, she's coming off a horrible relationship where the guy she thought she knew was the worst sort of liar...and now he's blackmailing her...after stealing from her. She doesn't trust herself so following the advice from a book, decides to go on a life cleanse. Nothing that's bad for her enters her body...including men. O.o

Yeah...the cleanse aspect of the story was a really interesting twist. 

Enter Jeremy. She meets him first as a client when she gives him a massage at her second job (because her ex stole from her, she's now working 7 days/week at 2 jobs, one of them long-distance). In a bizarre set of circumstances, Jeremy and Grace continue to run into one another. Fate, maybe? Grace doesn't know, but she's into spirituality enough to think maybe so. 

And then Jeremy's ex, who coincidentally broke him of all commitment abilities three years ago, shows back up. She now works for the local news station. Because she's lurking around Jeremy, she finds out about Grace's cleanse and decides that this kind of story would be good for her career. The news will feature Grace every week as she goes on purely platonic dates to find out if the hands off approach can work to find her perfect man. At first Jeremy is there just as a friend and wingman, but as jealousy flares, he becomes something much more...without touching.

As the story begins, Jeremy is a huge player. I loved seeing him evolve as he got closer to Grace and the realization that suddenly he is thinking about committing....something he thought he'd never consider again. In fact, he's much more trusting than Grace, but that is why she's doing the cleanse in the first place...she's lost her trust...in herself and in men. 

I liked the reality show aspect of what Grace becomes with her cleanse for this news station. The author did a really good job winding that aspect of the story into the romance. It was interesting the way the facebook and news exposure affected them and their relationship. 

I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I liked Grace and Jeremy. Her job played for some great scenes and I liked her business dreams. Throughout the story, the author effortlessly included visual vignettes like the prospective storefront for Grace's business that I could picture in my mind perfectly. It was one of those books that was just fun and effortless to read. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series and hope there's more to come.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: