Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bad Judgment by Meghan March (audiobook)

Title:  Bad Judgment
Author: Meghan March
My Rating: A
Narrator: Andi Arndt and Sebastion York

Genre: New Adult Romance 
Series: -
Main Characters: Justine and Ryker
Release Date: September 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: 
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A deliciously sexy enemies-to-lovers STANDALONE from USA Today bestselling author Meghan March.

He’s arrogant.

She’s self-righteous.

I hate him.

I want her.

I’ve been turning him down for two years straight.

Every shut-down makes me work harder.

I’m not a one-night stand kind of girl.

She doesn’t realize I won’t settle for only one night.

He’s a distraction I don’t need. 

She’ll say yes eventually because I’m not giving up.
 


My Review:
Overall: 4.5
Performance: 4.5
Story: 4.25

I've had this book for a while, and I'll be honest, I have no idea why I originally bought it, but OMG, it was really good. Both the main characters are in their final year of law school. For Ryker, he's through. He's only in law school because his dad insisted...his father who works at the law school. He refuses to continue. For Justine, this is her dream. Only one more year to go and then she can go work at legal aid. 

But then the school runs into financial difficulty and cancels all the scholarships. For Justine, she's on a full ride and one year of school is $60k. There's no way she can come up with that money in 30 days.

And that's where the deal comes in. Justine worked for Ryker's father as an intern. They have a good working relationship and he sees that she's not going to make it. He makes a deal with her...if she can get Ryker to stay in school and apply himself, then he'll pay her tuition. The thing is...Ryker has been pursuing Justine for 2 years and she's turned him down constantly. But this might be do-able.

Justine is stuck. I loved her so much. She hates that she's tricking Ryker and her moral code is better than it sounds in the description of all of this. She is such a good person. Even her reasons for turning down Ryker for all this time are not because she's not drawn to him...she just knows that she needs to concentrate on school and doesn't have time for a relationship. But Ryker gets that, too. I liked how he works to keep both of them on track while at the same time, making sure that they both explore all the options and have fun. 

I loved this book. Both Ryker and Justine are great characters, although wow...I did not see that ending coming. You know it's all going to blow up, but even I didn't foresee just how epically things go bad. It made for fantastic reading. 

Overall, this was just a fabulous book. I loved both characters and the way that the story evolved. There were surprises and sweet moments and at the heart of it all were two characters who truly deserved their happily ever after, even though they got there in an unconventional manner. 

I highly, highly recommend it and the audiobook was phenomenal. Go. Read it. I don't think you'll regret it, especially if you like to read the New Adult romance genre.

No comments: