Friday, December 30, 2016

Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs


Title: Fire Touched
Author: Patricia Briggs
My Rating: A

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Mercy Thompson #9
Main Characters: Mercy and Adam
Release Date: March 2016
Publisher:  Ace
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild

Story Overview:
Tensions between the fae and humans are coming to a head. And when coyote shapeshifter Mercy and her Alpha werewolf mate, Adam, are called upon to stop a rampaging troll, they find themselves with something that could be used to make the fae back down and forestall out-and-out war: a human child stolen long ago by the fae.

Defying the most powerful werewolf in the country, the humans, and the fae, Mercy, Adam, and their pack choose to protect the boy no matter what the cost. But who will protect them from a boy who is fire touched?

My Review:
I adore this series and this story started out with a great scene...a giant troll on the bridge that brings the pack and Mercy into the very public spotlight as they work together to defeat the troll...and eventually become heroes for humankind. Who knew they would eventually end up here? Mercy, as usual, rocks...and I adore that Adam finally, finally stood up for her and how the pack is treating her. Gah...I hate the way they continue to treat her as an outsider when she's done so much for them. (I kind of love her.)

This story brought about some interesting changes for the pack and Mercy and Adam's life. I have to say although I get it, I was shocked by Bran's actions. :( But Tad and Zee are back in this book and I love that. (This is a very fae-focused story...which isn't my favorite, but I liked how things are evolving.)

There was also the change of an addition of a new character to Mercy and Adam's world. I love Aiden and how he pulls Jesse into the story more. I also giggled every time there was a new fire at the house. Those scenes made me giggle every time...including the one that makes it into the next book (shh, yes, I immediately read the next book after I read "the end" on this one...even though that review won't go up until the March release...but here's a spoiler for you...I give it an A+).

I love this series and world. It just gets better and better. Love the Mercy Thompson world.

No comments: