Monday, December 12, 2016

Fast Connection by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell (audiobook)

Title:  Fast Connection
Author: Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell
My Rating: A+
Narrator: Guy Locke and Eric London

Genre: New Adult Romance (m/m)
Series: Cyberlove #2
Main Characters: Dominic and Luke
Release Date: September 2016 (audiobook)
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
After a decade of serving in the Army, everyone still expects me to be Dominic 'Nicky' Costigan--the skirt-chasing player. They don't know I've been spending my days trying to figure out my post-military life. Including how to pick up guys.

When I meet Luke on a hookup app, he makes it clear it's for one-night only. That's fine with me, because I'm down to see what this silver fox can do. But after I arrive at his doorstep, it doesn't take long to realize we have serious chemistry, and we end up meeting again.

He's got more walls around his heart than a military base, but I think he's as addicted to me as I am to him. He can't resist me for long. I mean, who can? Except Luke's rules exist for a reason, and when I test his limits, things get complicated. Maybe too complicated.


*FAST CONNECTION is a standalone, full-length romance novel with no cliffhanger*

My Review:
Overall: 4.75
Performance: 4.5
Story: 5.0

I didn't think that this writing duo would be able to top their first book in this series, but they totally did. I loved this story. OMG! And I wasn't a Dominic fan from the first book...at all, so that makes this even more of a surprise because I adored him in this book. 

This book picks up where the first book left off (but don't worry if you haven't read the first book...you certainly don't need to have read it to enjoy this one). Dominic has just left the military and is dealing with his newly discovered bisexuality. After losing his part-time lover Garrett, he's ready to explore things because all he's experienced so far has been mutual blow jobs. And that's where Grindr comes in...and that's how he meets Luke, a bisexual father who hooks up on Friday nights when his teenage twins head to their mom's house. At issue...Luke is a hook up and NOTHING ELSE guy. He doesn't want discussion, do-overs, complications, or really anything that might remotely hint at a relationship.

Dominic is so new to all this, he doesn't even know what he doesn't know. The poor guy has no clue how to deal with guys. He's used to girls who always want more, and doesn't know how to take Luke who so obviously doesn't want anything to do with Dominic after their orgasms. Dominic is outspoken and brash, but he's just so clueless. It was killing me in those first scenes. I wanted Luke to realize how new he was to all of this and help him. It was a visceral need for me as I listened to the audio. I loved that vulnerability. 

Then there's Luke. He's so defensive and hard about his hook-ups because of something that happened in the past with a guy that resulted in his kids getting endangered. Now, he has personal rules, so that they are never at risk again. His family absolutely comes first in his world. They are his only priority and you have to admire that. But Dominic isn't a guy who's easy to ignore. Those initial exchanges were so incredibly charming just because Dominic knows he's getting blown off and still works to pursue Luke. He's really into Luke and isn't afraid to show it, no matter how much the continual rejection hurts. 

Everything about this book worked. I loved it so much. The relationship and how it develops between the two guys was brilliant. But I loved the additional complications that they each had with their families. I just loved it all. Definitely one of my favorite books I've read this year...and I loved the little glimpses we got to see of Garrett and Kai throughout the story. 

I cannot wait for more from this writing duo!!

No comments: