Thursday, December 1, 2016

A White Christmas by Rebecca York

Title: White Christmas
Author: Rebecca York
My Rating: B-

Genre: Holiday Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Amelia and Daniel
Release Date: December 2016
Publisher:  Light Street Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild


Story Overview:
The snow is coming down so fast, Amelia Parsons doesn't see the speeding car until it's too late. One moment she’s crossing an ice-rutted street in St. Stephens, Maryland. In the next, she's flying into the air, and the world goes black. She wakes, confused, in what appears to be Santa’s workshop during the holiday rush. If that’s not strange enough, a hunky FBI agent named Daniel is there, demanding to know why she’s involved in a plot to ruin Christmas. Can she convince him she's not the villain and then work with him to find the real saboteur? 
My Review:
This book was not a favorite. I can suspend a certain amount of disbelief in return for a fun, sexy holiday story that takes place at the North Pole, but this one just had too many moments where I was shaking my head saying I didn't buy it. And that made me sad because the premise was such that it really could have been a cute book, but it just didn't work for me. At it's heart the characters just didn't act right for who they were...um hello, FBI agent who gets a sentence of explanation and okay, come join me in my investigation where we'll have sex even though our chemistry isn't all that believable either. 

So, yeah, I'm sad to say this one wasn't for me.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: