Saturday, November 5, 2016

Filthy Beautiful Love by Kendall Ryan (audiobook)


Title:  Filthy Beautiful Love
Author: Kendall Ryan
My Rating: B+
Narrator: Ava Erickson

Genre: New Adult Romance 
Series: Filthy Beautiful Lies #2
Main Characters: Colton and Sophie
Release Date: February 2015 (audiobook)
Publisher: audible
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
This is book two in the Filthy Beautiful Lies series.

I never expected to watch Sophie walk away. She was mine. I would own her. She just didn't know it yet. New goal: Seal the deal and rock her world so thoroughly she would never want to leave again. Highly sexual and emotionally charged, Filthy Beautiful Love is the provocative conclusion to Filthy Beautiful Lies.
My Review:
Overall: 4.0
Performance: 4.0
Story: 3.75

I didn't like this installment quite as much as the first, but a lot of that was just because the original story was such a forbidden thing...it was hard to compete with that intrigue. What this book did do though was go into the much more erotic arena with its sex scenes...so it did bring a tiny bit of that forbidden, too.

And then the author took a heartbreaking turn that tore at my heart. I did not see that coming. But it did give the story a great balance to all the sexy times. This book felt a lot deeper because of that. 

I'm surprised at just how much I'm enjoying this series. I listened to the first two audio installments in two days, and then immediately downloaded the next two. I love the length of them...about half the length of a normal length novel, so they are super quick listens and with my busy life, that's perfect.

I am also really excited that the next in the series is Pace's book because I loved the moments I got to see him in this one. 


No comments: