Monday, October 17, 2016

Three Simple Words by A.J. Pine

Title: Three Simple Words
Author: A.J. Pine
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Kingston Ale House #3
Main Characters: Annie and Wes
Release Date: October 2016
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
She's holding out for a happy ever after. 

Annie
I know where to find my happily ever after—between the pages of a romance novel. It’s why I sell books, why I blog about them, and why I’ll never get disappointed by love. 

So what if my brother’s best friend from high school is now a bestselling author? Or that he just blew back into town on a Harley, filling out a pair of jeans like he never did before? Or that he’s agreed to do a signing at my bookstore on such short notice? Because despite all his adoring female fans, I kind of hated his book.

Wes
The last time I saw Annie Denning, she was a senior in high school, three years older than me and way out of my league. 
Now I’m her last-minute date to a wedding, and what started as a night of pure fun has turned into something more real than either of us anticipated.

Annie is my muse. When I’m with her, my writer’s block fades away, and the words finally flow.

The only problem? She wants the fairy tale—her very own happily ever after—and anyone who’s read my book knows the truth. I just don’t believe they exist

My Review:
I loved so many different things about this book. This is a book that is custom-made for romance book-lovers. Annie is a bookstore owner and a huge romance genre proponent.

Wes is a best-selling author whose "romance" best-seller defies the rule about happily ever afters and how they have to be present in the book for it to be a true romance. Annie hates that about the book although every other reader out there loves it. To make matters worse than hating her childhood friend's book, now he's back in town and is even more attractive than she remembers.

Wes' book is based on his life. Flat out, he doesn't believe in love. Obviously, there is a great character arc for him, but there's also a surprising one for Annie. This book is all about love and romance and the fantasy of happily-ever-after and how that translates into real life and real strife. It's a GREAT book. 

In the midst of all the back and forth of the relationship, Wes is dealing with having to followup on his first book being a bestseller. There is a ton of pressure and he's not dealing well and has a huge case of writer's block. Annie changes that for him, too. As a writer, I found the book inspiring...just because watching Wes find his muse again was inspiring. It made me want to put down the book I was reading and focus on writing.

And I loved the book as a romance reader. The whole HEA thing is such a pivotal ideal in the genre, it was fun to look at how that influenced both of these book-centric people in their "real life" expectations. It was simply a fun book that I truly loved. I think most romance readers would enjoy it, too. 

Now, I need to go back and read the first two books in this series, because I haven't read any of these before and I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: