Thursday, October 6, 2016

Beautiful by Christina Lauren

Title: Beautiful
Author: Christina Lauren
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Beautiful Bastard #5
Main Characters: Jensen and Peppa
Release Date: September 2016
Publisher: Gallery
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:

Featuring the entire BEAUTIFUL series cast for one final hurrah!

A FREE-SPIRITED GIRL IN NEED OF A BREAK.
A MAN WEIGHED DOWN BY RESPONSIBILITY.
A ROAD TRIP VACATION WHERE ALL BETS ARE OFF.
OH, AND A LOT OF WINE.

After walking in on her boyfriend shagging another girl in their place, Pippa Bay Cox ditches London for the States to go on a drunken road trip with Ruby Miller and some of her Beautiful friends.

Scaling the career ladder is the default way to deal with heartbreak—and to just deal—for Jensen Bergstrom. Absolutely buried by his drive and workload, he rarely takes time for himself. But when his sister Hanna convinces him to join the gang on a two-week wine tour, he has a rare moment of cutting loose. Of course, it’s only once he’s committed that he realizes the strange girl he met briefly on the plane is coming along, too. She might be too much for him…or he might realize his life has become too small and needs her to make it bigger, crazier.

With this circle of friends there’s always something going on: from Chloe and Sara’s unexpected personality swaps to Will’s new domestic side to Bennett’s text message barrage and George’s own happily-ever-after. In short, their adventures in love, friendship, and hilarity are nothing short of Beautiful.
My Review:
The last book in the series and it was just as good as I'd hoped it would be. I loved this book so, so much. 

Pippa is a mess. She just caught her live-in boyfriend cheating on her, so she decides to take a holiday to the US and a two-week tour of New England vineyards with one of her friends. On the flight over, she gets more than a little drunk, treating her seatmate to his worst flight ever. 

Surprise...he's friends with her friends and is also going on the tour. I liked the meet-cute...it was hilariously funny just in how awful it was for both Pippa and Jensen. He's a very uptight, staid character. She is...not. She's flamboyant and outspoken...and that's before she starts drinking...when she loses any ability to filter at all. 

And of course, the two of them are the only unattached members of the group. I liked how things evolved both between Jensen and Pippa and how they both evolved as characters. They both have huge character arcs that made this book so much fun to read.

There's the whole romance developing between Jensen and Pippa, but there's also the fact that this is the last book in the series. As a result, there were a lot of great scenes and glimpses from all the other characters from the series. I loved that so much. Then there are a series of epilogues...omg, I teared up when I saw what these brilliant authors had done...what a gift to the readers. I loved that so much.

This book made me so happy. These authors are my auto-buy, absolute favorites, and each time I get to read one of their books, I do a little happy dance because I know it's going to be a fabulously fun, wild ride. I loved it!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: