Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Matchmaker's Replacement by Rachel Van Dyken (audiobook)

Title: The Matchmaker's Replacement
Author: Rachel Van Dyken
My Rating: A+
Narrator: Carly Robins and Jeremy York

Genre: New Adult Romance 
Series: Wingmen, Inc #2
Main Characters: Lex and Gabi
Release Date: August 2016
Publisher: Brilliance Audio
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Wingman rule number two: never reveal how much you want them.

Lex hates Gabi. Gabi hates Lex. But, hey, at least the hate is mutual, right? All Lex has to do is survive the next few weeks training Gabi in all the ways of Wingmen Inc. and then he can be done with her. But now that they have to work together, the sexual tension and fighting is off the charts. He isn’t sure if he wants to strangle her or throw her against the nearest sturdy table and have his way with her.

But Gabi has a secret, something she’s keeping from not just her best friend but her nemesis too. Lines are blurred as Lex becomes less the villain she’s always painted him to be…and starts turning into something more. Gabi has always hated the way she’s been just a little bit attracted to him—no computer-science major should have that nice of a body or look that good in glasses—but “Lex Luthor” is an evil womanizer. He’s dangerous. Gabi should stay far, far away.

Then again, she’s always wanted a little danger.
 


My Review:
Overall: 4.75
Performance: 5.0

Story: 4.5

Honest to god, this is one of the best enemy to lover stories that I've ever read. I loved this book so, so much. It was so fun. Lex is one of those guys...he's a man whore. He's a jerk, but somehow Rachel Van Dyken makes all those things that you'd normally hate in a guy, wonderful, and you can't help falling in love for him. I loved the dichotomy of the fact that he's this huge, no regrets, player, but he's brilliant and so, so geeky. It was awesome. He also desperately does not want to fall for Gabi, but he simply can't help himself. 

The reason he can't fall for Gabi is that her bff and his bff, Ian, has put her off-limits. The friendship between Ian and him is the most important thing in the world to Lex, so he constantly insults Gabi and pushes her away. Because he knows if she ever gets close, he won't be able to control himself. Of course, Gabi knows none of this. She just knows Lex is a jerk...sexy and sweet at the most unexpected moment, but for the most part a complete and insufferable jerk. 

This is one of those audiobooks I started fully planning to stretch out listening to it over a couple of weeks. That did NOT work for me. The story was too good, and I simply could not turn off my iPod. So instead of two weeks, I listened to this one in two days. It was an awesome audiobook. 

And the narrators were simply perfection. I loved this audiobook. I can't tell you how many times I laughed out loud while listening to it. Now I need to go back and read the first book in the series. I own it in print, but I'm pretty sure I need to audio that one, too. 

If you didn't get what I was saying here...you NEED to read this book...or listen to it. Either way, I think you're going to love it.


No comments: