Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Overexposed by Megan Erickson

Title: Overexposed
Author: Megan Erickson
My Rating: A

Genre: New Adult Romance (m/m)
Series: In Focus #4
Main Characters: Levi and Thad
Release Date: September 2016
Publisher: Intermix
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Love runs wild on the Appalachian Trail in the latest from the author of Out of Frame and Focus on Me...
 
Levi Grainger needs a break. As a reality show star, he’s had enough of the spotlight and being edited into a walking stereotype. When he returns home after the last season of Trip League, he expects to spend time with his family, only to learn his sister is coming back from her deployment in a flag-draped casket. Devastated, Levi decides the best way to grieve will be to go off grid and hike the Appalachian Trail—a trip he'd planned to do with his sister.
 
His solitary existence on the trail is interrupted when he meets Thad, a quiet man with a hard body and intense eyes. Their connection is stronger than anything Levi has ever experienced. But when Levi discovers the truth about what Thad is hiking to escape, their future together looks uncertain, and uncertainty is the last thing Levi needs...


My Review:
OMG, this series has been one of my all-time favorites, but I loved that this one is set on the AT....and with a military twist...be still my heart. It's like Megan Erickson wrote this one just for me. 

Levi was one of the side characters in the last book in the series. In this book, he's going out to hike the Appalachian Trail, something he'd planned to do with his sister when she got back from her deployment. She never came home, so now he's doing it as a tribute to her and to deal with some of his profound grief over losing her. Levi is not someone who would normally be the one hiking the AT. He's not a loner, or an outdoor adventurer. In fact I loved the bit about his hair product at the beginning of the story. 

On the flipside of that is Thad. Levi runs into Thad in the middle of the night his first week of hiking. Thad barely talks at all. In fact when it comes to everyone else, he actively blocks attempts to draw him into conversation. But it's different with Levi. He wants Levi to talk and latches onto him while they're hiking.

This is an interesting story just in that Thad is so closed-mouth about anything about himself. Very, very slowly the layers are pulled back about how he ended up on the trail, but when the full story came out, I did not see that coming. I love it when an author can surprise me like that. 

The entire story was just plain good reading. I loved the aspects about the trail details that made it into the book. I loved the slow build of the romance. And I loved how the events unfolded. Everything about this book worked for me and I highly, highly recommend it. I've loved the entire series, and every single book works as a stand-alone. If you're only going to read one or two from the series, read this one or the first...they're both my favorites. 

No comments: