Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Tailored For Trouble by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff

Title: Tailored For Trouble  
Author: Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My Rating: A

Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Series: Happy Pants #1
Main Characters: Taylor and Bennett
Release Date: August 2016
Publisher:  Ballantine
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A sassy, sexy, laugh-out-loud rom-com between the hottest  never to be tamed and the woman crazy enough to try

SHE WANTS TO CHANGE THE WORLD.

Taylor Reed is no stranger to selfish, uncaring CEOs. She was fired by one, which is why she has created her own executive training program—helping heartless bosses become more human. So Taylor shocks even herself when she agrees to coach Bennett Wade, the cutthroat exec who got her unceremoniously canned. She’d love to slam the door in his annoying but very handsome face, but the customers aren’t exactly lining up at her door. Plus, this extreme makeover will give Taylor the golden opportunity to prove that her program works like a charm.

HE WANTS TO BUY IT.

Bennett Wade is many things—arrogant, smug, brusque—but trusting isn’t one of them. Women just seem to be after his billions. So when he hires Taylor Reed, he has no desire to change. Bennett is trying to win over the feminist owner of a company he desperately wants to buy, but something about the fiery Taylor thaws the ice around his heart, making Bennett feel things he never quite planned on. And if there’s one thing Bennett can’t stand, it’s when things don’t go according to plan.

They are a match tailor-made for trouble.

My Review:
This is my first time reading a Mimi Jean Pamfiloff book, and I can promise you that it will not be my last. I enjoyed this book so, so much!

This is just such a fun story. Bennett and Taylor do not get along at all. Almost the entire book is told from Taylor's point of view, so all the details about what is happening is from her perspective...which does skew the story a lot because she misjudges Bennett a lot throughout the story. But that's what makes this story so good, because Bennett is a real jerk at the beginning. Like I was beginning to wonder how the author could ever, ever redeem him kind of a jerk, but then she does and the book is so much better for that amazing character arc. I love books and characters that surprise me and the author did an amazing job delivering exactly that with this story. 

The premise of the story is that Bennett has basically ruined Taylor's professional life. First he lost her her job and then because of him she became aware of certain unsavory things happening behind the scenes with her new business. She's at rock bottom and Bennett wants to hire her...something she refuses to even consider. But Bennett isn't a man who accepts no for an answer and that takes the two of them on a crazy, adventure-filled ride across the world that I thoroughly enjoyed. 

This book was so much fun to read. The two characters are world hopping and the author created incredible scenes within the story that made it even better to read. They really do not like one another, but that gives them some fabulous chemistry to read. Simply put...I loved reading this book and I had a grin on my face almost the entire time I read it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. Although I received a free copy, I also bought a print copy for my keeper shelf. I could totally see re-reading this book over and over again and still enjoying it just as much during each read. 

No comments: