Saturday, August 27, 2016

For Better or Worse by Lauren Layne

Title: For Better or Worse
Author: Lauren Layne
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: The Wedding Belles #2
Main Characters: Heather and Josh
Release Date: August 2016
Publisher: Pocket Books
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot



Story Overview:
Will a budding wedding planner and her bad boy neighbor stop banging heads and start hearing wedding bells in the sexy second novel in USA TODAY bestselling author Lauren Layne’s irresistible new series that marries Sex and the City with The Wedding Planner?

When small-town girl Heather Fowler finally gets promoted from assistant to actual wedding planner, she’s determined to make it as one of Manhattan’s elite Wedding Belles. Unfortunately, her first client demands an opulent black-tie affair at the Plaza…in five months’ time. Heather’s days quickly become a flurry of cake tastings, dress-fittings, RSVP cards, and bridal tantrums. But what she’s really losing sleep over is the live music blaring from her playboy neighbor’s apartment all night.

Five years ago, Josh Tanner was an up-and-comer on Wall Street, complete with the penthouse and the migraines. But a grim cancer diagnosis made him realize there is more to life than the corner office. If only he could convince his pretty, workaholic neighbor to let loose, too. As Heather lets down her guard, Josh is surprised when he starts falling for the sweet, vulnerable woman hiding beneath those power suits. Soon, it’s Heather’s turn to convince Josh to take the biggest risk of all: love.

My Review:
This book was everything. It was sweet and romantic and funny and entertaining. At moments, it broke my heart and then in the next page I'd be laughing out loud. This book is exactly why I love to read so much. It gave me all the feels and was absolutely perfect. 

Josh and Heather have the best kind of relationship. It's snarky and contentious and filled with so much sexual chemistry that it leaps off the page. Their exchanges were fast and witty and reminded me so much of that kind of fast, snappy dialogue that Gilmore Girls was made famous for...just minus the teenage daughter. 

Heather is trying to relish every moment of her busy, frantic life in NYC. She's dreamed of living there her entire life. Part of that dream was the perfect apartment, and she's finally making enough money to live in it. The only problem...her neighbor. He spends equal amount of time playing music with his band and banging random women. His philosophy is that you can't take life too seriously, but Heather has goals and not getting any sleep doesn't work for her. 

The family dynamics for these two characters were interesting. They are both very close to their families, but that played out in very different ways for the two. I liked that. It added just another layer of emotional depth to the story.

But hands down this book is all about Josh and Heather and just how perfectly they fit together. From their dialogue (I adore how Josh calls her 4C and is obsessed with banana bread...and seriously, that played out PERFECTLY in that final scene...LOVED that so, so much) to their extremely sexy times, I truly did love these two together. 

This book was wonderful and I highly recommend it. I'm so excited that it's available in print so I can put it on my keeper shelf to re-read over and over again!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but I bought myself a print copy of the book long ago as a preorder because this book is an auto-buy. Now I'm wondering if I should buy a second copy...just because I loved this book so much.

No comments: