Monday, August 1, 2016

Fool Me Once by Katee Robert

Title: Fool Me Once
Author: Katee Robert
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Foolproof Love #2
Main Characters: Aubry and Quinn
Release Date: August 2016
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
They say opposites attract, but this is just ridiculous.

Aubry Kaiser doesn’t like people—actually, that’s not right. She loathes people. With her crippling anxiety, there’s no way she can demo her favorite video game at a convention with five thousand other people. Maybe if she brings someone to act as a shield…

But the only person available is the sexy cowboy she can’t stand.

Quinn Baldwyn is in a mess of his own. He’s been dodging his wealthy family’s matchmaking attempts—and life advice—for years, but with his sister’s wedding on the horizon, he needs of a shield of his own.

He and Aubry can barely hold down a civil conversation, but in bed…fireworks. And the closer they get to Quinn’s sister’s wedding, the more he realizes that he might actually like Aubry.

Now it’s up to him to convince her she might actually like him, too.


My Review:
Okay, flat out, this heroine should not be one that I loved as much as I did. Aubry is prickly, abrasive, hates people, and is not afraid to let them know it. She's paranoid, pretty much agoraphobic, and I loved her for her outlook on life and her complete honesty about it. Her completely unique outlook on life, though, kept me laughing and smiling throughout this entire book. 

Aubry and Quinn are the best couple, but they are complete polar opposites. And before they get together in this book they really and truly hate one another. They don't get along at all, but the things that drive each other crazy are the reasons why they need one another to get through these two events in their lives. For Aubry, she needs Quinn's size to block for her at this huge convention that she's terrified to attend. And Quinn needs Aubry's abrasive attitude to block his meddling family at his sister's wedding. But what neither of them anticipate is that all that combative tension that's always existed between them might turn to an explosive chemistry of another kind when they get in close proximity to one another for an extended period of time. 

It made for a fabulous read. Once I started it, I didn't want to put it down. I loved both Quinn and Aubry as separate people, but put them together and they were sizzling and sexy. This is one hot book and I loved every moment of reading it. It was funny and heartbreaking and so romantically sexy. And as a planner girl, I loved the bulleted moleskin at the end of the book...such a perfect ending. 

I loved this book so much and cannot wait for more in this series...please let Daniel and Hope have an upcoming book...the glimpses of their story already had my heart shattering. 

I DEFINITELY recommend this one! You know you want to get it...and I promise you'll fall in love with the abrasive Aubry and how Quinn knows how to handle her. So much love for this one!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: