Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Body Shot by Kelly Jamieson

Title: Body Shot
Author: Kelly Jamieson
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Last Shot #1
Main Characters: Beck and Hayden
Release Date: August 2016
Publisher: Loveswept
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
The bestselling author of the Heller Brothers series stirs up a tempting cocktail of fun and seduction as a sexy SEAL-turned-bartender treats a buttoned-up scientist to a wild weekend . . . and a change of heart.

Former Navy SEAL Beck Whitcomb left a world of privilege to prove he could make his own way. Money, mansions, expensive cars—none of it could heal the loss of his older brother, or buy his parents’ love. Now, after using his trust fund to open the Conquistadors tequila bar with his brothers-in-arms, Beck has it all: good friends, fine liquor, and hot hookups. When it comes to women, commitment’s not his thing—until he gets a taste of the pretty professor who walks into his bar . . . and winds up in his bed.

Hayden Miles knows all too well that emotional decisions can lead to heartbreak, and nothing screams “bad decision” like a playboy bartender with inked biceps and a wicked smile. Still, their chemistry is off-the-charts explosive—and Hayden knows her chemistry. For once, this good girl longs to let loose. But is she willing to risk the pain to quench her thirst? With the promise of more on the table, Hayden’s eager to believe . . . before she misses her shot.
 

My Review:
I simply adored this book. It was hot and romantic and had moments of such incredible sweetness that I was highlighting passages and I rarely do that. And did I mention it was hot? OMG, this book is sizzling!

On the surface Hayden and Beck have nothing in common. He's a former Navy SEAL and a continuing adrenaline junkie. She is a scientist who lives her life by her plans and schedules. She hates anything unexpected. What they both have in common is a dedication to their work life, even if their work lives are very different. Beck owns a tequila bar. Hayden is in charge a research center looking for the cure to cancer. But they also amazing friends and a complete lack of family support...although for very different reasons. 

I love the setup that Hayden is a workaholic in desperate need of learning how to have fun, but I also love that she really wants to have fun. When she jumps in with Beck, she is all-in and that makes for all those super-sexy scenes that make this book fantastic. I did really love them together and how she unpeels the layers of Beck bit by bit, because she so seriously underestimates who he is when she first meets him.

Overall, I truly loved this book. I thought it was hot and sexy, but it was also thoughtful and romantic. That nighttime paddleboating seriously melted my heart...so many incredible scenes. I like how Beck challenges Hayden to be more...to experience more and I thought all those scenes were a great reminder to me personally...I spend so much of the day rushing from one thing to another, I forget to explore the little things with all my senses. I loved that this book felt like it was enriching to me for that reason too. 

I loved it and HIGHLY recommend it. I thought it was one of Kelly Jamieson's best books that I've read of hers. I can't wait to read more from this series. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: