Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Only You by Denise Grover Swank

Title: Only You
Author: Denise Grover Swank
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Bachelor Brotherhood #1
Main Characters: Holly and Kevin
Release Date: June 2016
Publisher: Forever 
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
A Bachelor Brotherhood Novel 
Never say never . . . Romance isn't an option for Holly Greenwood. With her wedding planner career on the line she needs to stay focused, and that means pleasing her demanding boss, not getting distracted by her mind-alteringly hot neighbor . . . Ex-Marine Kevin Vandemeer craves normalcy. Instead, he has a broken-down old house in need of a match and some gasoline, a meddling family, and the uncanny ability to attract the world's craziest women. At least that last one he can fix: he and his buddies have made a pact to swear off women, and this includes his sweetly sexy new neighbor. After one hot night that looks a whole lot like a disaster in the light of day, Kevin and Holly are about to learn that true love doesn't play by the rules . . .

My Review:
Although I have several of Denise Grover Swank's books in my TBR pile, this is the first book I've gotten to read by her. Wow...I really liked it. She has a great, easy-to-read style that I found difficult to put down. From the very beginning this story sucked me in and didn't let go until the final page.

This story is about Holly. She's a wedding planner working for a very demanding boss, Nicole. She lives with her cousin in a little bungalow that used to belong to their grandmother...who is begin to suffer from dementia and is in a nursing home that Holly pays for with her salary as a wedding planner. Right now she's willing to put up with Nicole's demands because of her grandmother, but Holly is also working to build her reputation so that someday she'll be able to strike out on her own with her own wedding planning business. 

Kevin just left the Marines and came home to work for his buddy and flip a project house. He tasked his sister to find the house for him. She found the next one to where Holly lives and that's how the two meet. They have instant chemistry, but that worked for me in this book.

In fact, pretty much everything worked for me in this book. First of all, I need to mention Whiskers. Can there be anything sexier than a man holding a kitten? The visuals of Kevin like this made my mouth water. Also, I loved what Nicole added to the story for both Kevin and Holly's situation. It was the perfect source of conflict without being contrived. I really liked that Kevin is planning to flip his house, but he really needed to know SOMETHING about construction for this plan to be viable...seriously. I liked the bromance between the three men and look forward to more from the series. And I adored the whole wedding planner backdrop. It provided great, romantic visuals that really worked for me as the reader. 

Overall, this was a fantastic book. I'm excited to read more, especially from the glances we got of the other two men throughout this story. I liked it and definitely recommend it for anyone that likes smart, witty, fast-paced contemporary romance.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: