Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Due Diligence by Anna Zabo

Title: Due Diligence
Author: Anna Zabo
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Takeover #3
Main Characters: Fazil and Todd
Release Date: June 2016
Publisher: InterMix
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
A business trip leads to a surprise encounter with an old flame in this sexy romance from the author of Just Business.
 
After Fazil Kurt breaks up with his girlfriend, a business trip to Seattle offers some much-needed time away. Sent by S.R. Anderson Consulting, Fazil is there to help audit Singularity Storage, a company they are trying to save. His first discovery is intriguing to say the least: One of Singularity's engineers is Todd Douglas, Fazil’s first love.
 
He knows better than to get personally involved on a job like this. Back in high school, Todd broke Fazil’s heart more times than he could count, but both men have grown so much since then—and Fazil never could say no to Todd...

My Review:
*gah* I have loved this series so much from the very beginning and I go into each book expecting it to let me down, because it's hard to maintain that level of quality throughout a series. But once again, I was not disappointed. 

A second chance at love story...I really do love those. 

Fazil is part of a two person team in Seattle to help prep a company for being sold off. This is never an easy job, but this time it's even harder when he finds Todd, his first boyfriend and only true love, working at the company. He hasn't seen Todd since Fazil fled their hometown after graduation, despite the years of Todd trying to get hold of him. When they were teenagers, they were both stupid, hormonal, and stupid. They each remember things a certain way, but Fazil didn't know everything. It soon becomes clear though that the emotions and chemistry are still there between them. They just have to clear the air first. 

I loved the two guys together and their honesty about where they stand. They don't know how this is all going to work. Fazil is only in Seattle temporarily. Normally he lives in Pittsburgh where he has a job, life, and friends that he loves. Todd's life is in Seattle. I liked how they were honest about that. No, they don't see how this can work out, but they are willing to have the relationship for as long as they can. That's been missing from their lives for the last 15 years so they will take it for as long as they can get it. 

I also adored all the sights and sounds of Seattle and the surrounding area. I felt like an armchair tourist by the time the book was finished and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the city through the book. 

And like I said, I've loved the entire series, so it's wonderful to get to see the characters from the other books that Fazil worked with. The scenes between him and Eli were wonderful and I loved how their friendship deepened. And Sam...seriously, I think I love him more in every book. It's just a fabulous series that I truly love and definitely recommend...all of the books in it. 

Although you should note, you certainly can read any of the book in the series as a stand-alone. You'll see hints of the other stories, but I don't think you will ever be confused about what you've missed.

My one little niggle that dropped this book down from a 5 star read to a 4 star was the obvious solution that it took the guys WAY too long to see. It all seemed so obvious...maybe too obvious, honestly. I like a tiny bit more surprise in my resolution.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: