Friday, April 15, 2016

Wrong Direction by Kelly Jensen

Title: Wrong Direction
Author: Kelly Jensen
My Rating: A-

Genre: New Adult (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Al and Daniel
Release Date: June 2015
Publisher: Goodreads M/M Romance Group
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Dear Author,
I had such a good feeling about this year. It’s my last; I’m on track to graduate near the top of my class, I’m working towards a degree in a field I love, and I even managed to score one of the coveted singles in the nicest upperclassmen dorm. There’s only one problem. Him. The guy whose single is attached to the other side of the connecting bathroom. The mess I could maybe ignore, it’s the singing I can’t take. Every night while he takes a bubble bath— yes, a bubble bath! It’s only a few weeks into the year and I don’t think I can take it anymore. Actually, I know I can’t. I’m gonna go over there and say something before I lose my mind!
So, how’d we get from there to the picture above? And what happens after that?

Photo Description:
Two young men are engaged in a sweet and tender kiss. One is naked, the other wears only a towel. They seem to be in a bathroom, and are silhouetted by light from a window.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's"Love is an Open Road" event. Group members were asked to write a story prompt inspired by a photo of their choice. Authors of the group selected a photo and prompt that spoke to them and wrote a short story.

This story may contain sexually explicit content and is intended for adult readers. It may contain content that is disagreeable or distressing to some readers. The M/M Romance Group strongly recommends that each reader review the General Information section before each story for story tags as well as for content warnings.
 


My Review:
This book was all things sweet and awkward and fun. I really enjoyed every minute of reading it. The story is told from Al's point of view. He's a bit OCD with his cleanliness which is awesome in comparison to Daniel's mess. His reactions to Daniel's room had me laughing out loud. Between that and their run-in's in the bathroom...between the naked times and the clumsiness...so much fun to be had in that bathroom. And I wasn't even counting the sexy times. 

But honestly, inside Al's head is one of the funniest things I've ever read. I love his unique, quirky perspective. It was truly just a fabulous, fun read. And to make it even more amazing, it's completely FREE entertainment. I highly recommend you go download this one. You won't regret it. These two college guys were completely and totally endearing their romance was awesome!

No comments: