Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Worth It All by Claudia Connor

Title: Worth It All
Author: Claudia Connor
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: The McKinney Brothers #3
Main Characters: JT and Paige
Release Date: April 2016
Publisher: Loveswept
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
After a car accident stole his dreams of pro football, JT McKinney has made a new life for himself far away from his old one. He spends his time in a prosthetic research and development facility, his attention on machines instead of people until a chance meeting with a young mother and her five year old daughter who need his help. He'll have to let go of the past if he wants a future. 
My Review:
There was so much to love about this book. JT was an incredible character who doesn't feel worthy of his family after he blew his life up when he was 19 yo. Despite the fact he's gone on to be an incredibly talented and successful engineer of bionic prosthetics, he doesn't see that he's worth the love that Paige and her daughter offers.

Paige got drunk one night and her daughter, Casey, was the result. She's only had sex that one time...ever...and it was so not something to cause her to miss the act. Overall, she's perfectly fine concentrating all her focus on her daughter and working to make their lives better. 

Whereas JT grew up with the advantage of a huge, loving family (5 brothers and 1 sister), Paige is on her own. She has only herself to count on. I liked how different the two of their backgrounds are. Paige lives in a sketchy trailer in a sketchy part of town. JT is set for life with basically unlimited funds at his fingertips. 

Then there's Casey. She is a five year old who was born with a deformed leg that had to be partially amputated. She hasn't been around other kids enough to be confident about how she's "different". Because of that, I loved her discussions with JT. He has an amputation just like hers and he relates to her so well. I loved getting to see her little psychological quirks and how JT clued into what was really bothering her without her really saying it aloud. He's so good with kids...I loved him for how he was with her. This is definitely one of those stories that wouldn't be near as good without the child pushing the story and characters forward. 

I just really, really fell in love with these characters and the overall story. There's also a great romance, but for me it was the overall dynamic of everyone in the story that made it work for me. The business that JT has built was amazing to see. I loved to see the work that they were doing in this state of the art facility. It made a great setup for the story.

I haven't read the other stories, but I need to go back and read them now. There were glimpses of the other characters and settings back in Virginia and I wanted to know more. It seems like a great series. I know that I definitely recommend this installment and you absolutely can read it without having read the others in the series. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: