Monday, April 18, 2016

Selfie by Amy Lane

Title: Selfie
Author: Amy Lane
My Rating: A+


Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Bluewater Bay #13
Main Characters: Connor and Noah
Release Date: April 2016
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
One year ago, actor Connor Montgomery lost the love of his life to a drunk driver. But what’s worse for Connor is what he still has: a lifetime of secrets born of hiding his relationship from the glare of Hollywood. Unable to let go of the world he and Vinnie shared, Connor films a drunken YouTube confession on the anniversary of Vinnie’s death.

Thankfully, the video was silent—a familiar state for Connor—so his secret is still safe. He needs a fresh start, and a new role on the hit TV show Wolf’s Landing might be just that.

The move to Bluewater Bay may also mean a second chance in the form of his studio-assigned assistant. Noah Dakers sees through Connor’s facades more quickly than Connor could imagine. Noah’s quiet strength and sarcastic companionship offers Connor a chance at love that Hollywood’s closet has never allowed. But to accept it, Connor must let Vinnie go and learn to live again.


My Review:

This book is brilliant! OMG, it's written with pure emotion and romance and I just have so much freaking love for Noah. Amy Lane wrote him so beautifully where he could 'see' Connor and could see what he needed and just how much pain he was in. And Connor is in so much pain. Ten years...that's how long he was with Vinnie. But nobody ever knew that because as actors, they were both in the closet. As a result, nobody else ever saw Connor's pain or his grief. He was ALONE...with all of that for a year before he finally sent out a call for help. Their agent answered. She rep'ed both Vinnie and Connor and was too wrapped up in her own grief to see how badly Connor was floundering. 

I loved Jilly and Connor's friendship and how close they become through their mutual grief.  When she realizes just how badly she's let Connor down in offering support, she takes him under her wing to get him functioning again...and he ends up in Bluewater Bay working on the most supportive TV show cast ever. It's where he needs to be, but it also brings him to Noah who sees way more than anyone else when it comes to Connor's grief. 

Okay, going into this you know this is going to be an angst-filled book. It's about someone grieving the love of his life and it's written by Amy Lane. Yeah, grab that box of tissues right now because you're going to need them. I stupidly thought I was going to make it through the book when I got to the halfway point without any ugly crying going on because things started looking up. Oh, no, I so should have known better. This was definitely an ugly cry kind of book...tears and snot rolling down my face before it was all over. But Noah...wow, he is one amazing character and I don't think I could love another hero more. He was everything and MORE.

So, yeah...so much love for this book. I adored it and immediately ordered a print copy for my keeper shelf. This is definitely one for the reread pile when I need the outlet of a good emotional cry. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but then immediately bought a print copy because I needed it in my library. Amazing story!!

No comments: