Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dirty by Kylie Scott

Title: Dirty
Author: Kylie Scott
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Dive Bar #1
Main Characters: Vaughn and Lydia
Release Date: April 2016
Publisher: St. Martin's
Links to Purchase
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
The last thing Vaughan Hewson expects to find when he returns to his childhood home is a broken hearted bride in his shower, let alone the drama and chaos that comes with her.

Lydia Green doesn't know whether to burn down the church or sit and cry in a corner. Discovering the love of your life is having an affair on your wedding day is bad enough. Finding out it's with his best man is another thing all together. She narrowly escapes tying the knot and meets Vaughan only hours later.

Vaughan is the exact opposite of the picture perfect, respected businessman she thought she'd marry. This former musician-turned-bartender is rough around the edges and unsettled. But she already tried Mr. Right and discovered he's all wrong-maybe it's time to give Mr. Right Now a chance.

After all, what's wrong with getting dirty?


My Review:
I read the first Stage Dive book and loved it and never got a chance to read one of the other books in the series, although I own them all in print...so someday. But when this new series showed up, I was thrilled. The book was so much more, so much better than I even expected. This one is most definitely a contender for one of my top reads of the year. It was fun, and funny, and incredibly sexy, and sassy...and I loved every single minute that I got to read it (and the moment I finished, I got online and ordered the book in print for my keeper shelf.)

This review needs to start with Lydia because she absolutely is one of the best heroines ever. The entire story is told from her point of view and her inner (and outer) snark is fabulous. She's a curvy. She's self-deprecating. She lusts over Vaughn and gives him just as much crap as he gives her. I ADORED her snark. They have this great back and forth dialogue that just made me happy to get to read it. Yes, you read that right. I feel blessed that I GOT to read this book. It absolutely was that fun. 

Then there's Vaughn. His obsession with Lydia's breasts made this unlikely pairing completely work for me. According to Lydia (because remember...the ENTIRE book is from her point of view, so we only get her skewed view on the world), Vaughn is this gorgeous, fit, tattooed, sexy hunk of man. And she is curvy...like way too curvy. She was settling for decent with her fiancé because she could see a life with him. There was no great passion for her before Vaughn...but honestly, I see that as a symptom of her bad self-image. With Vaughn, that isn't even an issue because he doesn't see her as she sees herself. He sees her as sexy and desirous and he really, really wants her. 

I LOVED THIS STORY SO MUCH.

Vaughn and Lydia have an amazing chemistry and repartee and they absolutely made this book a wonderful story to read. I loved it and didn't want it to end. And the setup for this story was brilliantly fun. The opening scene between them in the shower after the abrupt ending to her wedding was awesomely funny. And just the entire inner dialogue happening inside Lydia's head kept me giggling out loud. 

I cannot say it enough...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS ONE. I promise it will entertain you and keep you smiling. Also, it's really, really hot, too...which always makes for a fun read. I cannot wait for more of this series!!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments: