Thursday, February 25, 2016

Play to Win by Tiffany Snow

Title: Play To Win
Author: Tiffany Snow
My Rating: B

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Risky Business #3
Main Characters: Ryker, Parker, and Sage
Release Date: February 2016
Publisher: Forever
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
PLAY FAIR . . . OR PLAY TO WIN?

Falling in love with polar-opposite men was an intoxicating ride that nearly ended Sage Reese's life. Now it's time for Sage to decide: Parker, the clean-cut, filthy-rich business magnate . . . or Ryker, the tough-as-nails undercover detective. Her choice? Neither. Because she can't stand the thought of coming between two brothers-in-arms finally trying to repair their friendship.

Yet not everyone feels the same way, including a mysterious woman who's come to Ryker and Parker for help. Sage knows firsthand how hard it is for the two former Marines to resist a damsel in distress. But something just doesn't feel right.

Now there's a danger closing in that only Sage can see, and she intends to do everything she can to protect Parker and Ryker-even at the risk of losing them both.

My Review:
From the moment I finished reading book #2 in this series, I've been dying to get my hands on this book. And I'll be honest...at that point I wasn't sure who I wanted Sage to end up with...Parker or Ryker. I won't post any spoilers, but I will say that overall, I'm happy with the outcome. 

There's a letter from the author at the start of the book and she talks about how this was a difficult book to write. I could see that especially in the suspense story line...not that the book was bad. It just wasn't quite as amazing as the book before it. (I can't speak about book #1 because I still haven't gotten around to reading that one although it is in my TBR pile.) There were a few things that just didn't work for me that made me question the possibility of that actually happening. (i.e...Sage was arrested about a murder that happened while Sage was there when the person died, but not only did they let her go, but they never even questioned her about what happened...because she knows a cop...um, no. no. no.) Those kind of little details in an already somewhat weak suspense line could have really ruined this book for me. 

Luckily, the romance was good enough for me to make up some of that for me. I did like how that whole part of the story unfolded. Although I still have issues with the Natalie story line overall, I did think that conflict added something to the romantic conflict and angst and chemistry.

So while this book wasn't a total win for me like the other book in this series, I was happy with the ending and overall did enjoy the book. This is a romance series that I would recommend, but it's one of those where it's better if you read all three books in the series because the story line progresses over the three books. They don't each have their own story. The romance arc takes all three books to be resolved. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: