Monday, January 18, 2016

Rock -N- Soul by Lauren Sattersby

Title: Rock N Soul
Author: Lauren Sattersby
My Rating: A+

Genre: Paranormal Romance (m/m)
Series: -
Main Characters: Chris and Tyler
Release Date: January 2016
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
I’m Tyler Lindsey, and until recently, I had an okay apartment, an okay girlfriend, and an okay job as a bellboy at a respectable Boston hotel. Then rock star Chris Raiden died right before I brought his room service—stiffing me on the tip, by the way—and my life went to hell. My fifteen minutes of fame was more like five seconds, and my girlfriend left me in disgust.

But even worse—Chris is haunting me. Not the room where he died, like a normal ghost. No, somehow he’s stuck to me and is insisting on taking care of a bunch of unfinished business in California. So now I have to traipse across the country with the world’s most narcissistic ghost.

But . . . I keep having these weird thoughts. Thoughts about how much I like the way he makes me laugh. Thoughts where I kind of want to kiss the emo-narcissist, even though he’s a ghost and an asshole and I can’t touch him anyway. And even if I could, what will happen when he finishes his business and nothing’s keeping him here anymore?

My Review:
Wow...my first MUST-READ of 2016! This book was so good...and so unexpected. 

But be warned...neither of these guys are good hero material when the book begins. In fact, that first chapter or so, I was really wondering if I would be able to keep reading. Tyler has a girlfriend who treats him AWFUL, but he sticks with her because she's a hot lay. Yeah...UGH! Serious...ugh. Then Chris is a drugged out, diva rockstar who overdoses and dies. See...I told you. When the book begins I didn't want either one of these guys to find their happy. They definitely weren't what I would consider good hero material. 

But then the story went on and I fell in love with them as they both grew and evolved and cried as I realized there was no way this book could end happily. Um, did you catch that one of them is a ghost? Yeah, pretty much impossible. BUT...wow, Lauren Sattersby manages a perfect ending that made me so happy. 

But before that they have to learn how to live together. Because Chris can't get more then 20 feet away from Tyler...ever. So they are together 24/7...and no one else can see or sense Chris, which causes a lot of difficulties for Tyler. There's just something a little bit crazy about having whole conversations with people that aren't really there. But then they begin to bond over things like Supernatural. :)

There were so many scenes that had me laughing out loud throughout the book and then by the end, I was literally sobbing with tears running down my cheeks. The story is beautiful and I truly loved it. This also appears to be Lauren Sattersby's first novel. Can I just say, "Wow!" She has an incredible writing future in front of her because I am a definite new fan. 

If the story appeals, go buy it. It's just as good (or actually even better) than the story description makes it sound. Definitely an early contender for my top ten list for the year. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but I am preordering a print copy of it for my keeper shelf. Because I can guarantee you that this will be a book that I will re-read over and over again.

No comments: