Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Make Me Sin by J.T. Geissinger

Title: Make Me Sin
Author: J.T. Geissinger
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Bad Habit #2
Main Characters: Chloe and AJ
Release Date: January 2016
Publisher: Montlake Romance
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Chloe Carmichael’s life feels pretty sweet—she’s both maid of honor and florist for her best friend’s A-list wedding, things are getting serious with her boyfriend, and her flower shop is about to get a spread in a national magazine. But it all quickly turns sour whenever the best man, Bad Habit drummer A.J. Edwards, shows his face...his handsome, unforgettable face. A.J. is everything Chloe doesn’t want: tattooed, selfish, and all-around bad news. So why can’t she stop thinking about him?
Goody two-shoes Chloe isn’t exactly A.J.’s type, either, but the chemistry between them is undeniable. A.J. will be the first to say he isn’t a saint, but there’s something he’s not saying—something that would devastate Chloe. The only way he can protect her is to push her away, but the drummer finds he needs her now more than ever. When a wedding-day confrontation reveals secrets they’re both hiding, will Chloe and A.J. ever find their rhythm again?
My Review:
Wow, I'm not even sure where to begin with this book. It was so freaking good and it started out that way, but then it just kept getting better and better and better. By the end of the book, I was sobbing. So good, so emotional. There was so much to this story and these characters...and seriously, so much of it kept me gasping over the emotion. 

A.J. and Chloe hate one another. But she has no idea why. She just knows that he literally spews hatred at her when he's near her. Every single other person in her world likes her. She doesn't understand it at all. As far as she knows, she didn't do anything to cause it. 

But there's so much more than the interesting undercurrents between them. A.J. is the drummer for the band Bad Habit, but he has an interesting skill. He literally sees music. He also has a completely mysterious background. It's clear that his wikipedia history for him isn't quite the truth, but what is the truth? No one truly knows. The only thing anyone does know is that A.J. is a big, surly beast with a penchant for tattoos and high-price prostitutes...not exactly romantic interest material, especially when Chloe has a perfectly good boyfriend who's totally into her and has a respectable job as a cop. But that doesn't stop her from fantasizing about A.J. at the most inopportune moments. 

There are so many highlights to this book, but I'm going to mention my favorites:
*AJ's home...wow, I was enthralled by the images the author painted of where he lives. It's so magical and mystical, especially in how it relates to A.J. and how he sees himself. 
*in the background of this story is the wedding planning for Nico and Kat. I loved that we got to see so much of that. I loved their story in the first book, so it was awesome that they played such a huge role in this book.
*It's obvious from the very beginning that A.J. is seriously torn. The author wrote his angst so beautifully and perfectly. My heart hurt throughout so much of this story (and I love it when I get that emotionally involved.)

The book is told almost entirely from Chloe's point of view, but there are tiny little chapters thrown in from A.J.'s point of view. I loved how the author did that because I do love those little glimpses into his thoughts. They were like sweet little chocolate nuggets thrown into the story.

It was so, so, so good. I highly recommend this one.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but as soon as I finished the book I got online and preordered a copy of the book in print for my keeper shelf. 

No comments: