Friday, December 4, 2015

Wicked Beautiful by J.T. Geissinger

Title: Wicked Beautiful
Author: J.T. Geissinger
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Victoria and Parker
Release Date: December 2015
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Life coach and best-selling author Victoria Price has it all: a successful career, fabulous friends, a fantastic penthouse in Manhattan. What she doesn’t have—and doesn’t want—is a husband. Fifteen years ago her high school flame broke her heart so badly she swore she’d never love again. Now she makes millions teaching other women how to be just like her: a ruthless bitch.

Drop-dead sexy restauranteur and infamous playboy Parker Maxwell has only three rules for the women he dates: no questions about his past, no expectations for the future, and no spending the night. When he meets Victoria, however, he’s willing to break his own rules if it means sating the explosive desire she arouses in him. What he doesn’t know is that the alluring Victoria Price used to be the mousy Isabel Diaz, the girl he deflowered and dumped long ago.

Presented with a perfect opportunity for revenge, Victoria decides the game is on. But when her connection with Parker proves more than just skin deep, she has to make a choice: continue with her plan for payback, or risk her career, her reputation, and her heart by taking a second chance on love?
 


My Review:

This book was so good. I accepted it for review when I really didn't have time to fit it into my reading schedule, just because the story line intrigued me. Then I stayed up over half the night reading it. I couldn't put it down although I'd only had 4 1/2 hours of sleep the night before. Yes...I really liked this one! 

I love second chance at love stories and Parker and Victoria have an amazing one...simply because he has no idea that she's the love he threw away...and she's out for revenge because he broke her. This is a book filled with lies and the suspense of reading it comes from the need to know when it's all going to come out. When that all happened, it was SO MUCH MORE emotional than I expected...and I expected a lot. Huge KUDOS to this author for how she wrote the twists and turns and emotion of the story. It would have been really easy to take this story to a negative-feeling space, but she never did that. The romance may be built on lies, but the underlying love is so visible to the reader, you find faith and believe that it's going to work out...somehow. 

And the book is incredibly sexy. The chemistry between these two sizzles off the page. But what makes it all the more powerful is the emotions that are just under the surface. These two connect on so much more than just a physical level and that becomes more and more obvious every time they get close. It makes for an incredibly sexy read.

And I can't talk about the book without talking about Victoria's transformation of self. Wow. I love the strong, empowered, confident woman she's become since her life was shattered. She took that blow and made an empire to empower other women with it, even if Parker still has the ability to send her stumbling. He's the only man that can and that makes their connection feel even more real. 

There's also a great sub-plot with Victoria's assistant, Tabby. I loved her and her irreverent sass. That section of the story added so much to those climactic scenes. I loved all those little details that helped to make everything even more impossible. (And, yes, I know this is all incredibly vague, but I don't want to give away any spoilers. Go read the book and then we can really chat about it.)

I loved this book and HIGHLY recommend it. It's on the short list for one of my favorite reads of the year and I'm so happy I squished it into my reading pile. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review, but as soon as I finished it, I got online and ordered a print copy for my keeper shelf. 

No comments: