Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Target Engaged by M.L. Buchman

Title: Target Engaged
Author: M.L. Buchman
My Rating: A+

Genre: Military Romance
Series: Delta Force #1
Main Characters: Kyle and Carla
Release Date: December 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy


Story Overview:
Kyle Reeves was trained by his father to do one thing: be the very best. So he isn't daunted by the Delta Force selection process—the toughest military training on earth—or when the very best woman falls into his arms.

Carla Anderson buried her heart in Arlington when she lost her mother and brother to combat. She wants nothing more than to give her all in the line of duty until she too is laid down beside them, and Delta training might just be the challenge she's looking for. Little did she know, the true challenge was coming in the shape of a sexy, alpha-male military operative.


Surviving brutal training is just the beginning of the merciless path to Delta, but it's also the dawn of the hottest passion Kyle and Carla have ever known… 
My Review:
Wow! I've loved M.L. Bushman's SOAR series, but I think I'm going to like this one even more. This book was fantastic and I'm now completely fascinated by Delta and what these characters go through. 

What's so fantastic about this book is that the author takes the characters from the first day of Delta and takes them all the way through the process of becoming one of these elite soldiers...an extremely intensive process as Carla and Kyle's group of starting 104 soldiers which is whittled down the elite of 5 left at the end of the seven months. I loved that insight into their training almost as much as I did the romance between Kyle and Carla. I love this author for his ability to weave in all the really technical aspects of the military and these incredible warriors and keep it all really fascinating and readable. He hits all of my hot buttons for what I like to read. 

(Note: we were stationed at Pope for 3 years when it was still owned by the Air Force. In fact we were there as the transition to the Army Airfield was happening so I loved getting to go back to NC through this book.)

And then there's the whole Kyle and Carla romance which I absolutely adored. These are two amazingly fierce warriors who love just as hard as they fight, even when they don't realize how deeply their emotions are involved. And that worked for me, too. They are so busy and focused on their jobs that they don't realize how deeply they are getting in with one another. 

In fact, I adored this entire team and their dynamic. I loved getting to watch how they worked together on missions toward the end of the story and how they function together. This whole book was simply fascinating. I loved the insight into the Delta dynamic. Colonel Michael was introduced into the SOAR series and he's always been one of my favorite characters. The Delta series is set up already to take a place on my favorite military series on my print keeper shelves. I HIGHLY recommend this book. It's the first in the series, so now's the time to get into it. Although all the books work as stand-alone stories within M.L. Bushman's series, this one is great just because it sets up the elite dynamic that makes up the Delta soldiers. Again, I say....WOW!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: