Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Unsung by Shannon Richard


Title: Unsung
Author: Shannon Richard
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series: Country Roads #5
Main Characters: Harper and Liam
Release Date: November 2015
Publisher: Forever Yours
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity

Story Overview:
One Night In Nashville

Harper Laurence has been jilted on her way to the altar. Desperate for some time away from her friends and family, Harper takes off for Nashville—only to meet a hot, scruffy, tattooed stranger. A man she liked a little too much, and who left her the teeniest bit . . . well, pregnant.



Liam James is an up-and-coming country musician, who just found his muse. Ever since their weekend together, Liam hasn't been able to forget the curvy, vivacious woman who left him wanting more, even as she inspired some of the greatest songs he's ever written. He's determined to convince Harper that he's the guy for her . . . and that the best love songs can never be unsung.
My Review:
I've read one other book out of this series, but honestly I hadn't remembered that until I went back and checked. I will tell you though, I haven't read the majority of this series. That hurt me when it came to reading this book. There were a LOT of group scenes with all the previous characters. I hated those sections of the book just because there were too many characters for me to keep track of who was who...because I haven't read most the other books. BUT the rest of this book was brilliant and I loved it so much.

Harper is not a person who deals with stress well...being dumped by her fiance three months before their wedding after years together was a bit stressful. So she took off to Nashville for the weekend of the original wedding date...and met Liam. They immediately connected and despite that neither of them make a habit of one night stands, hooked up the night they met. 

I really enjoyed this book a lot. Harper lives in a small, judgmental town. But surprisingly enough she has ties to Liam's life that neither realized before. But that doesn't mean that their lives mesh...he's a rising superstar in the music world, but that has so many obstacles. While I loved how all-in Liam is in this relationship, I couldn't help but have my heart twist a little bit for the issues Harper faces. Signing up to be involved in his crazy life is not for the faint of heart. He's a gorgeous superstar...women want him and throw themselves at him constantly. They'd be thrilled if Harper just disappeared off the face of the earth. That isn't an easy thing, no matter how good of a guy he is or how deep their emotions for each other are. 

I liked it. I was in the hair salon at the 90% point of reading it and I kept shushing my hairdresser, so I could find out how Liam and Harper were going to sort out this mess. I definitely recommend this one. It was just a pure joy to read and I couldn't read it fast enough, because I had to know how they got to their HEA...I needed that for both Liam and Harper. Their chemistry made their love at first sight completely believable. And I LOVED the musical aspects in the book especially the song lyrics and writing that just enhanced the already beautiful love story.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: