Friday, November 27, 2015

The Truth About Him by M. O'Keefe

Title: The Truth About Him
Author: M. O'Keefe 
My Rating: B+

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Everything I Left Unsaid #2
Main Characters: Dylan and Annie
Release Date: November 2015
Publisher: Random House
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


Story Overview:
For fans of Christina Lauren and Jodi Ellen Malpas comes the next novel in M. O’Keefe’s breathtakingly sexy series about a woman called into a journey of the heart, body, and soul.
 
We played our roles, told each other lies.
 
But now Dylan is no longer just a mysterious deep voice on the other end of the line. We’re face-to-face and our relationship is very, very real.
 
We still have secrets—but so much is crystal clear:
 
The thrilling danger.
 
The raw, naked desire.
 
The need to keep feeling the way he makes me feel. Forever.
 

Dylan is putting up walls, trying to keep me safe, but he can’t shut me out. He has seen my darkness and rescued me. Now it’s my turn, if only he will let me.
My Review:
I didn't think I could stand it when book #1 ended in a cliffhanger, but this book picks up right where that book left off... and those scenes are just as horrific as I expected. 

In fact there's a whole lot of awful happening in this book, but don't worry...it's in the very best way, because in the midst of all those awful events are some incredibly emotional, romantic, sexy scenes. Although toward the end of the book I was seriously cursing the author because I couldn't see how she could make this a good ending for everyone. But I should have had more faith.

I liked the way this book was written. Dylan's POV was written as 1st person whereas Annie's was written as 3rd person POV. That really worked for me in this book. I liked feeling like I was deeper into Dylan's POV although Annie shows amazing depth of emotion throughout this book. I loved how the author wrote these two. Their's should be an impossible connection and they both know it, but they both want this relationship so much, they are making more effort, even when they think they'll live to regret it. 

I enjoyed the whole story with Max and Ben and Dylan. Talk about emotional. To see all these alpha men try to make a connection again melted my heart and even I knew the odds were so against them, I really wanted them to work it all out. What Dylan has gone through...sob. And once again in this book, Joan's story line shocked me. Well done to the author.

And this book is sexy. Take note...this is an erotic book. There's a LOT of sex. Sometimes it was too much, but some of those scenes were so emotional for both Dylan and Annie. I liked how sometimes Dylan was even more slayed. So many times only the woman gets really emotional after the physical connection. In this book, Dylan was so often knocked sideways by the deep connection. I loved that.

Overall, this has been an incredible series. But warning...it is really gritty and raw at times, but that worked so well for both these characters, so while it's not my usually favored style, this series worked for me. I liked it.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: