Monday, November 16, 2015

Compromising Her Position by Samanthe Beck

Title: Compromising Her Position
Author: Samanthe Beck 
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Series
Main Characters: Chelsea and Rafe
Release Date: November 2015
Publisher: Entangled

Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He's not who she expected, but he's exactly the man she needs…

When Chelsea Wayne drags Santa into a supply closet for a little office party nookie, she assumes the man in the suit is her on-again/off-again coworker boyfriend. Instead, it's Rafe St. Sebastian, a man known for his hard-driving ways in business as well as the bedroom--and, kill her now, the brand spanking new owner of Las Ventanas--who grants her naughtiest Christmas wishes.

So much for her reputation, not to mention her career.

Rafe needs to close three acquisitions to prove to his father he's ready to take the helm of St. Sebastian Enterprises. A hot interlude in a supply closet after deal number two seems like the perfect illicit Christmas bonus. Unfortunately, when that "bonus" becomes the key to the final deal, he finds himself back in bed--so to speak--with Chelsea, and after their steamy tryst, he's not interested in keeping things professional…

My Review:
To me, this was a book that got better as it got closer to the end. This was a book about the lives of the rich and famous...kind of. Chelsea runs amazingly gorgeous resorts. Rafe buys those gorgeous resorts and that's how their paths cross just as Chelsea's life is falling apart. But despite the turmoil, they are combustible together and that creates a really sexy story. 

I enjoyed that set-up of the hotels. The memos between Chelsea and her assistant were hilarious and I could see so many of them actually happening. But I also really loved the way the book began. Illicit sex with a Santa...just the visuals had me giggling although it was a pretty sexy scene. Talk about creative. Who would ever look at a Santa suit and think, "this could make a great sex scene"? LOL. I loved that completely unexpected twist.

And I will admit, I was almost as enamored with the scenery as I was with the story. Samanthe Beck created some really gorgeous settings with these resort hotels...esp. the one in Maui. But the limo scenes were *almost* as good...hehe. And I did love the twist at the end that required Nick to get involved...I'm being really vague there because I don't want any spoilers, but that entire set-up just really worked for me emotionally.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It takes place during the holidays, but in exotic locales so it has a holiday vacation kind of vibe to it. I loved the chemistry between the two main characters and the set up/background for each of them within the hotels. They each had complicated backstories which added a lot of depth to the emotions of the story. I liked and enjoyed it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: