Monday, October 5, 2015

Skip Trace by Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen

Title: Skip Trace
Author: Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen
My Rating: A

Genre: SciFi Romance (m/m)
Series: Chaos Station #3
Main Characters: Zander and Felix
Release Date: October 2015
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Book three of Chaos Station

Zander Anatolius has been revived from the fatal effects of the super-soldier program, but now he has to face his estranged family and tell a story few would believe. With his lover and the crew of the Chaos at his side, Zander returns home to a media frenzy, threats from the military and pressure to join the family business.

Felix Ingesson still struggles with the horror of believing Zander dead. And no matter how strong their emotional connection is, Felix feels out of place in the glittery world of Zander's rich family. His lover would be better off without a broken, low-class ship's engineer holding him back.

When the crew receives word that another of Zander’s former teammates needs rescue, Felix travels with the Chaos...setting Zander free. But when Zander is arrested for treason, the men realize they need each other as much as ever—not only to survive, but to make their lives worth living.

Don't miss the start of the series—Chaos Station and Lonely Shore
 are available now!

My Review:
These two guys...someday everything is going to be good in their lives and they're going to stop breaking my heart. Right? RIGHT? *Staring at these two authors who love to torture these two men.*

Seriously, Zander and Felix just cannot catch a break. Yes, part of that is their circumstances they are in, but part of it is just because they are both so broken. In this one we see the extent of that through Felix. For a few pages there in the center, I wasn't sure he would make it through this story. And this, right here, is why these books are so darn good. These characters are so rich, and so deep, and so well-written, I cannot separate fiction from reality. To me, these guys are real. Their trauma and drama affects me...on a personal level. I LOVE THEM! And I need them to eventually find that place where they are at peace and happy...just the two of them. Eventually...because right now, I DON'T want to give up reading about them and I know for that to happen, there needs to be drama. 

Okay, so this book...Zander is finally home where things should be calm. You know that's not going to happen. A lot of the initial problems are because Zander's father is one of the most powerful, richest men in the cosmos. Felix is a ship's mechanic...not quite the level of person who should be involved with an Anatolius. Add in that...he's had some serious traumas over the last few years, and things aren't quite where they should be for him mentally. Zander is having his own issues too. 

Like I said, I loved this book. 

I. 
LOVED. 
IT. 

I cannot wait to see where these two authors take these two next. Although, there is a moment in this story where something happens with Zander that if it happens with Felix around, it will absolutely traumatize him. I know that will come out again, and it scares me...even when I cannot wait to read more. 

I ADORE this series!!

And if you aren't reading it, you need to be! These books need to be read as a series.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for this book. 

No comments: