Friday, October 2, 2015

Playing Dirty by Tiffany Snow


Title: Playing Dirty
Author: Tiffany Snow
My Rating: A+

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Risky Business #2
Main Characters: Ryker, Parker, and Sage
Release Date: September 2015
Publisher:  Forever
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot


DOWN AND DIRTY

Faced with a choice between bad-boy detective Dean Ryker and sexy power player Parker Anderson, Sage Reece fought the law--and the law won. But while Ryker's sizzling touch may rule her nights, Sage's days belong to Parker's cool, calculating intensity. . . .

Both Ryker and Parker are determined to protect Sage from a brutal enemy who'd use her to pay for their mistakes. Yet when the usually on-point Ryker is distracted by ghosts from his past, Parker seizes his opportunity to get Sage's attention--and keep it in ways beyond her wildest dreams.

Now, caught between a mobster out for revenge and two men who were once best friends, Sage must play to win--even if it means getting dirty. . . 
My Review:
I'll make this simple for you...you need to read this book!

OMG, I have never read Tiffany Snow before. None. No other books. You should also note that this is the second book in a series that probably should be read in order because it's a single continuing story. I didn't read book #1 and I'm still saying you should read this book (I would just recommend reading that one first. I have my copy on order, so I'll be going back and reading it as soon as it comes in.) Yes, this book was just that good. I loved it!!

This ongoing story is a love triangle. Normally I'm not a fan. Tiffany Snow just changed my mind about that. This book is brilliantly done and even after finishing the book, I still have no idea who Sage should go with. I love all three of these characters and want them all to be happy and I just don't see how that's going to happen. Bring on book #3. 

So, let me explain. Ryker and Parker were friends in high school and joined the Marines together. A woman came between them, shattering them both, and destroying their friendship. Sage is Parker's assistant. Somehow in the last book he fascilitated Sage meeting Ryker, who happens to be a cop. They started dating. Parker and Sage have never dated because of their working relationship although they're both attracted to one another. They have a 2 year working relationship they don't want to screw with. But when this book begins, Sage and Ryker have been dating for 4 months and things are heating up. Ryker is a forever kind of guy...the kind of guy Sage needs in her life, but it's killing Parker. 

Okay, that's the setup, but what plays out is brilliant and twisted and heartbreaking. Parker and Ryker used to be best friends and no longer can even stand to speak to one another, but now they both have Sage in common. Sage, who they both love. Even if they manage to work through their differences, that love for her is going to tear them apart again. It's heartbreaking. Seriously. But honestly it's some of the most riveting reading I've read all year. I cannot express how much I loved this book. I can't wait to get my print copy in so I can re-read it. But first, I'm DYING to read book #1 because I need to know how they all got to this place. It's just so good. And it should be noted that I've already pre-ordered book #3, too. Yes, this book is that good. 

I highly recommend it. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: