Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Everything I Left Unsaid by M. O'Keefe

Title: Everything I Left Unsaid
Author: M. O'Keefe
My Rating: A

Genre: New Adult
Series: Everything I Left Unsaid #1
Main Characters: Annie and Dylan
Release Date: October 2015
Publisher: Bantam
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Fans of Jodi Ellen Malpas, K. Bromberg, and Joanna Wylde will be unable to resist this sexy, deeply intimate tale of a woman running from her past, and the darkly mysterious man who sets her free. 
 
I didn’t think answering someone else’s cellphone would change my life. But the stranger with the low, deep voice on the other end of the line tempted me, awakened my body, set me on fire. He was looking for someone else. Instead he found me.
 
And I found a hot, secret world where I felt alive for the first time.
 
His name was Dylan, and, strangely, he made me feel safe. Desired. Compelled. Every dark thing he asked me to do, I did. Without question. I longed to meet him, but we were both keeping secrets. And mine were dangerous. If I took the first step, if I got closer to Dylan—emotionally, physically—then I wouldn’t be hiding anymore. I would be exposed, with nothing left to surrender but the truth. And my truth could hurt us both.

My Review:
I don't know what I expected from this book, but this wasn't it. Regardless, it was a really good, riveting read. The book was darker, more depressing, more gritty than I expected. 

The heroine is in a bad place...on the run...living in a depressing little trailer park where everyone else has their own depressing story. The mom of three whose life is way too much of a reminder for Annie. The snarky stripper next door who sees way too much and is way too attractive. The elderly, tattooed guy who is the only one who's truly kind to Annie, but everyone says he's dangerous. Then the alluring, seductive voice on the phone...Dylan...who is way too much of a forbidden temptation. 

This book is one of those stories where around every turn there's another unanswered question. It takes a while for all those questions to be answered. Most I saw coming but there was one that completely and totally shocked me. I did NOT see that coming. The night I read this book, I planned to only read part of it and then move to something else for the rest of the evening. Well, that didn't happen. This story sucked me right in and I couldn't put it down. Not until it was over. And then I immediately got online to order a print copy of it and preorder the next book in the series. 

And here's your warning...this book does end in a cliffhanger, but the good news is that book #2 is out in another month...thank goodness. Because I'm dying to know what happens to these characters. And I'm not just talking about the hero and heroine. I want to know what happens to them all. M. O'Keefe has written an expertly woven story full of characters that I care about...even when I didn't think I was going to get that attached to them. It was a good book and I cannot wait for the next one!

And that's all I'm going to say because anything else would end up spoilery and you need to enjoy pulling back the layers of this story yourself.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: