Thursday, October 15, 2015

Dirty Lies by Emma Hart

Title: Dirty Lies
Author: Emma Hart
My Rating: A-

Genre: New Adult Romance
Series: Burke Brothers #3
Main Characters: Aidan and Jessie
Release Date: October 2015
Publisher: Pocket Star
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Bad boy drummer Aidan Burke of Dirty B takes center stage in New York Times bestselling author Emma Hart’s hotly anticipated follow-up to Dirty Past and Dirty Secret!

Aidan Burke is the perfect rebound guy for Jessie Law after she catches her asshole ex-boyfriend with his hands down some other girl’s pants. The world-famous drummer of Dirty B isn’t shy about his preference for no-strings-attached relationships, so when she meets him on a night out, she takes him up on his simple proposal: One night of fun. Hot sex. Zero expectations.

But Dirty B’s tour is over, and they’re back in South Carolina—which means running into Aidan more often than Jessie would like.

When Aidan saves Jessie from her ex-boyfriend by insisting the two are dating, the band’s manager convinces them to keep up the charade in the hopes of re-inventing Dirty B’s image as lovable bad boys, as opposed to d-bags. Now all Aidan and Jessie have to do is put on a very obvious, very public show to convince everyone their affection is real.

But pretending to be in a relationship is harder than it seems. Aidan’s hordes of jealous fans have no problem bombarding Jessie with threatening messages online—and worse. And things only get more complicated when Jessie realizes her feelings for Aidan may not be so fake after all. Can Jessie live with the risks? And is Aidan willing to let her?

My Review:
This was my first time reading an Emma Hart book. And I need to just say up front...I think I'm in love with the guys in the band, Dirty B. I love them, but their mother is the absolute BEST. I ADORE how she puts these boys in their place. They may be the hottest boy band on the planet, but I love how they all immediately step in line when she lays down the law. LOVE that. 

Okay, so this book is Aidan and Jessie. Their lives have been intertwined since long before the guys made it big. In fact, Aidan asked Jessie to the prom and she turned him down flat. She's a bit contentious like that and I love her for it. This is a girl that you don't mess with because she will knock you down to size faster than anything. And honestly, Aidan thinks she's pretty hot, but she's not worth having to put up with. Yeah, their's isn't the friendliest of relationships to start out this book and that makes it a lot of fun. I'm not a HUGE enemies to lovers gal, but this one works. She just doesn't put up with anything and I have to love her for that. I especially love her when it comes to how she deals with the press. She's AWESOME!

And I have to say, these two may not get along, but that makes the sex smoking hot. This book is Steamy with a capital S. I love how even though they are at one another's throats...when it comes to the bedroom, the clothes can't come off fast enough. Chemistry...you can see it sizzling off every single page in this book. 

My only real issue with this one was the conflict. It seemed just a tiny bit wishy-washy toward the end when both characters were well aware this wasn't a lie anymore...that they had real feelings for one another. That disconnect between them just didn't work for me, especially knowing Jessie's upfront and in-your-face character. It was a tiny niggle...certainly not enough to ruin the book for me, because I did enjoy this one. Now I need to go check out the rest of the Dirty B books.

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review. 

No comments: